Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

310 Tranny Help

greenmack

If anyone out there has pic's of the inside of them it would help me alot. Just took the old gril out to use the blower for the frist time .Half way down the drive way it startd making noise . 2Min later could smell belt getting hot. Now it seems the shifter working a little loose,and grinding about the gears.

Dave, I just looked through the ones I took when I had the B112 apart and I really should save hard drive and delete the folder. The one's I took with it split open are too fuzzy to help you. There is a way to download manuals from Simplicity on here, but I haven't done it yet and I'm rather ilit with this thing..MPH

Dave, if you need manuals go to this web site: http://www.simplicitytechpubs.com/v_techpubsearch.php Parts: TP400_1505_00_LT_A.PDF Service: TP500_3483_00_LT_A.PDF Steve

There are a few of the 3 speed tranny apart in the 2012 restoration post, don't know if it's the same as yours....... It should at least give you a general idea of what to expect it to look like.

The 3 speed transmission is not that complicated once you open it up. If you need complete transmission I have 5 of them and would be willing to part with one if you need it. They are all from 12 HP Simplicitys or Allis so they should work OK.

Thanks for the help guys. Took a look this afternoon, nothing out of place. Went too put it back out in the barn,it was in 2 gear I set the parking brake to open the door.Came out of the barn the drive belt was smoking. With the brake set it was comming towards me. (picture that) I fear it maybe time for the pro's to step in !!!