Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

P.S.-- BLADES FOR B-110

oldyeller1968

Sorry I forgot to mention this a moment ago, but I'm also in the market for some blades to fit the 42" deck on my B-110. I've checked around and can't find any that will fit it. Am I just not checking in the right places? Any advice? Thanks again!!! -CB

The Simplicity blade part number is 1656144. If you go to http://www.jackssmallengines.com and search for that part number you will find 3 choises for replacing your blades.

You might find it at jacks small engines but the next thing is to get it. Very poor service and very rude if you have a problem.

I'll second that Maynard. I forgot a part on my order, went to add it and had to pay another S&H charge for it because"There's no way we can do that". Two weeks later.... they finally shipped the parts all on the same day, felt to me like they just wanted to add the extra charge. I won't do business with them any more.

MY TWO CENTS WORTH: Give JJ Nemes and Sons a shout. They are a sponsor so click on their ad on the home page to get the contact info. Calling is best. I have always found Jeff to be very helpful and almost always has what I need. Shipping is reasonable also.

THEDADDYCAT - If you placed your order via the Internet it is all done by computers. Your computer to ours. Once you hit the submit key, your order has been processed and parts are allocated to you, etc. We can delete the order so that a new order can be processed, but we can not change or add to it. If you placed your order via the phone its basically the same process, after the operator hits the enter key. There is a short window when things can be changed but it's really short. I would guess that your orders contained special order parts that had to come from Simplicity. That would explain the orders shipping the same day. I can assure you that no one had both orders in their hands at the same time. The odds are just to great for that to happen. UCD - I am sorry if someone treated you rudely. There is no excuse for that, ever. We work very hard to please everyone. When we can ID an individual that has less than desirable phone etiquette there are replaced. Jack

Two weeks from when I order to when you ship, and with modern electronics and computers you still have no way to update/combine orders? I'll just go to the local dealer, thanks...... At least that way I know I'll get my stuff in a week, and no extra S&H.

jack1747 All I have to say is do a search on Jacks Small Engines to read all of the complaints. The woman I talked to was very rude. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told she was a supervisor. Later in the conversation I asked something and was told she would have to take it to a supervisor. I e-mailed you people 3 times with no answer so I called about the order. This was a month after the order had been placed paid with a credit card and a confirmation # given. I was told that no order had been placed and no confirmation # had been given. Fifteen min after i got of the phone with your very rude order taker/supervisor/non supervisor I received an e-mail. If you had no info on the order or records of my e-mail tell me how you got my e-mail address? I am not the only one that has had problems with Jacks Small Engines,a number of others have had problems to. With the same outcome a rude person on the other end of the phone. I checked your Bio. You don't want anyone to know who you are?

THEDADDYCAT. You sent one order on Saturday June 15 and the other one on Monday June 17. Both orders contained "special order" parts which we ordered from Simplicity on June 17. We received the parts from Simplicity on Friday June 21. The order from June 15 shipped Saturday June 22 and the order from June 17 shipped on Monday June 24. At that time we were using "another delivery service" to ship and have now switched back to Brown due to delays in home deliverys. Your orders both left here within 7 week days, even with the special orders involved.. Jack

UCD, I searched for an order from you using your name as listed in this web site. We have no record of you every placing an order with us, that I can find. Can you give me the conformation number or phone number that you used when you placed the order? Date and time would help also. As far as getting an email from us, my guess is your emails were still in the que and they went looking for yours. ??? Jack

jack1747 The order was placed by another one of our members from Austria Drigon. He sent you numerous e-mails with no answer and he asked for my help. I had saved all of the emails and info that i had but deleted it two weeks ago. How does some one get a confirmation # if no order has been placed?

OK Jack, I must have been thinking of how long it took to get to me, not when you shipped. But since you seem to have so much information at hand perhaps you'll enlighten the membership here a little further. What time on Saturday did I place the first order, what time on Monday for the second, and what are your hours of business for Saturday, Sunday, and weekdays? You admit ordering my parts for both orders on the same day, receiving them from Simplicity the same day, shipping them on different days, and yet they still arrived at my house the same day on the same truck. And you couldn't combine them, so I had to pay two S&H charges even though the system's computerized and should easily be able to handle it? BTW, when I places the second order on Monday I asked explicitly about adding what I needed to the first order and was never told that the first order could be cancelled and then re-order all the same parts with the other things I needed. I hope the 8 bucks was worth it. Respond or not as you see fit, but that's why you won't be getting any more of my business.

To JACK: This forum shouldn't be used for Jacks Small Engine's Customer Service. There are many customers that are quite dissatisfied with your customer service. However, your prices and internet convenience are impressive. So, don't be insulted, be better! Use the topics in this forum to better your organization. Listen to the voices of your customers. If we, the customers, are telling you your CS is poor, then be glad we told you before we decide to shop elsewhere. Fire the CS bums and pay for quality people to run the show. There is no amount of "repair" you can perform on this site by answering individual members' questions in an attempt to save your reputation if you keep the problem people on staff. They will simply continue to propagate the problem. The bottom line is simple: Your CS is unacceptable. Fix your CS organization and QUICKLY before you lose more customers! I beleive that this public exposure is a GOOD thing for you. You'll never be better if you aren't challenged as such. Best Regards, Greg Arserio (PS, I still shop at your site regardless of the problems I experience. I believe you are a Work-in-Process and will become better.)