Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

New tractor opinions

Magoo

My father is thinking about getting a new legacy. He has a 5116s and a new sears 20 horse. Which was a big mistake. He would like to get rid of the sears. And put the money towards the new simp. I would just like to know if the legacy is a good choice. And are the rear attachments the same as a Sovereign. If not how many years would he have to go backwords to get a Sovereign. And are there any still available. He does a lot of gardening plus we live in ny where the snow can get pretty deep at times. He realy needs something reliable And easy to change attachments on. Thanks ahead of time for any reply's. Guy

The last Sovereigns were made in June 2000, and there's still a few new ones sitting in dealerships. The Legacy is a good machine, but is quite a bit bigger -- it's designed to replace the PowrMax and later SunStar size tractors. The Prestige is the replacement for the Sovereign. I understand that there are adapter kits available to adapt at least some Sovereign implements/attachments to fit them, but I'm not sure which ones....

the attachments on the Legacy for the rear are cat O three point. I have one , none of the attachments from the rear of the sovereign will fit it

Don, I guess I wasn't clear. I meant that there are kits to adapt Sovereign attachments to the Prestige -- not to the Legacy.