Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

7119/919 tractors

haeffnkr

I am researching a 7119, and was wanting to get some good or bad feedback on this model. How are the hydro transmissions on these units? Are they reliable, especially after the tractor and oil gets hot, do they still function? (on some older Wheel Horse models this is a problem...) I can not get much information on this 19hp Kohler, it seems kind of an oddball, is it similar to the 17 hp that the JD 317s had on them? (there were some oiling issues with that motor...) Are these motors better than those? Are parts readily available? Can extra cylinders for a dual cylinder blade, or 3 point hitch, wood splitter, etc. be used on the stock hydro pump or it it recomended to mount another pump, etc.? thanks in advance for any information. Kevin

Haven't had any experience with that engine. As far as the tractor goes, it's the same as any other 7100 series. The hydros are good. Haven't seen or heard of any problems that weren't caused by abuse. You could probably add additional cylinders and a valve but you would be better off with an additional pump. Without an additional pump, a woodsplitter would be out of the question. Pat

Kevin I have a 17GTH-L which is a newer version of the 7117/7119 tractors. My 17hp engine is the KT seriesII with oil pump and I have over 750hrs with no problems so far. The hydro seems to be bullet proof. I moved over 100 tons of fill dirt and crushed limestone for my shop this fall and never missed a beat. I used "cut" tires and 50# of weight per wheel pushing a 46" HD dozer blade, had power to spare and never saw hydro get hot or lose fluid. Yes the early KT series had some problems with oil usage but no more than any other slinger lube engine in my experience, but I don't expect to get the years out of it I will from my old Briggs in the 3012. Hope I havent muddied the water too much! Larry