Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Model 19D parts

MPH

Marty Ran into the same problem finding a rod for my 19d. The 700 at this point needs so much work that I'm going to leave the engine for near last. I did see a post the other day pertianing to 19d parts, I'm not sure that this will be any help but.... [url]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11931[/url] Just for grins and giggles,if you do find what you are looking for would you let me know. I'm sure to be in the same boat this spring or summer.:p:p

Bob, thanks for the part # Reed, thanks for the link, I forgot about that B-1 post. I'll try to call Sisler in the morning. Don't want the machinest to go grinding if I can't find the parts. MPH

Reed, is yours a transplanted engine in your 700? I have two 19s and one 19D, but as near as I can determine the Model 700 tractor had a Model 19, Type 706035(based on the table on the ST side of this site) while the Model 19, Type 706047 and later engines were in the 725s.

Daddycat, I guess this is another one of my open mouth and insert foot moments... The 700 was my grandfathers since new. I mistakenly thought that the 19 &19d were the one and the same.I stand corrected again.:I If you are so inclined to part with one of the 19's or a 700 grille frame please let me know. I have 2 19's on the shelf but need a good rod and crank. I also think that maybe what I have might well be saved by a competant machinist. I guess the one thing that might really be of value to me are the spec's for the engine if I am to determine what can be saved and what needs to be tossed. LOL

According to my briggs book, crank should be rejected ifworn smaller then:::PTO journal-1.179,,,Mag journal-1.179 and crankpin-.996..MPH working ph #Sisler sales and Service is 563-582-8551. Must have done an area code change from the 319 that was posted..They have .020 under rods, sure hope I need one of them as he is proud to still have a couple around..

Welcome to the Humility Club, Reed. I think I started that one here, also... BTW, I know from personal experience that contrary to some urban myths, shoe-polish is NOT addictive when ingested by mouth.... ;)

MPH I gave you rod number for 19D engine. Thats the bad news. The good news is both 19 & 19D use the same standard rod. So you should be OK with the U/S rod. Also from what I can see in parts books the 19 has the old style mag armature underneath flywheel and the 19D went to the more conventional armarture that uses the external magnets on flywheel. BT

Bob, thats interesting on the mag armature, My name plate says 19D but I have the armature under the flywheel..MPH

Reed, here's a link to a post about my older tractors. The near one is the parts machine and it has the 19D engine. The grill and frame is off to the side out of sight in this pic but if you really need one I'm sure I could let you have it as I won't need it for the kid's tractor. I just have to make sure I have everything I need to make one complete restored tractor before I give all the parts away. http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10569&SearchTerms=700, Well, I did a little digging and came up with this info to help us out a bit here. According to the chart, the D in Model 19D means PTO rotates CW. I don't think the 19 and 19D rotate in opposite directions, so I'm not sure what the difference would be or that it has any significance. I know there's no H to signify a horizontal crankshaft on these engines, maybe that only applies to later engines after they started making verticals? http://www.edgeta.org/ident.htm

Brain cell slip on my part as to havein a 19D. I have 19 written down in my tractor record book and looked at the name plate yesterday while in the shop working with a vacum pump on the van and it also says 19. Must have mentally added the D after looking at the 23D in the Landlord. Sorry for any confussion I added..MPH

Marty It kinda looks like I'm not the only one to taste a bit o'the shoe polish. CRS can be contagous!!! LOL Kirk I did a little research using the link that you posted,both of the 19's I have were made in '61 one of which is the orig eng which should put my 700 into that "real" catagory. I also have the sales brochure from about the same era. Knowing that it has been in the family all this time is another reason to put it back together. :D

The industry standard for all engines is that all rotation is viewed from the fan side and when you look at the shaft side it's CCW. My parts book shows only one rewind, one electric starter and one manual rope pulley and all of the illustrations show clockwise. I can't ever remember Briggs building a left hand engine. On certain reduction gear models you could get either CW or CCW rotation.