Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Dadsy98

Wheel weights, Finale

Dadsy98
I got the brackets welded up today. I made a jig out of wood scraps to hold the angle iron in place. Also scribed a center line bisecting the top plate to assist eyeballing the bolt in place. After welding I measured and drilled the holes for mounting. Doing the holes last made the large bolt not as critical in placement. Here is one of the six pieces I made. (no holes yet)

Here is the finished product installed and assembled. Mounting was a true piece of cake. I put two 25 lbs weights on each side. Used an electric impact wrench on the carraige bolts, they ain't gonna move. applied a 24" cresent wrench to the center bolt for now. I'll drill and pin it later.

This machine is much better now since I've added a motor, snow blade and hitch, weights and chains, and repaired the regulator. Total investment thus far is $320.00 Next, I'll look around for a seat:D Steve

Dadsy98
Thanks, Marc. Yes, I'm infatuated with the 7010 as well. My first tractor is an AC312. She's not getting the attention now. Think I'll buy her a new snowblower belt as a gift. What's more, being the scoundrel that I am I've got a cute l'l 2110 on the side I'm messing with... Steve

Kent
Steve, I think Kirk (aka thedaddycat) might be able to provide some ideas on a "custom seat" for your 7010, and might even have some spare potato sacks for you to use... ;)

Dadsy98
After installing the brackets I realized the left wheel rim didn't need such a fancy bracket. Just a plate with a rod in the center and two mounting holes. This way I'd free up a couple of the right side brackets.