Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Broadmoor Owners(717,707 or earlier)

mowerman1193

How many of you would be interested in a complete set of decals? This decal set would include: Dash panel,lower dash caution,I.D. tag,shift pattern,Hi/Lo,Simplicity hood logo with 717 or 707,the black & White hood stripe and the S logo on the end of the hood. These will be made of viynl and not like most shops that overlay the decals,these will be printed and then have a clear heated overlay on them to protect them (kind of like laminated). I am not sure what the cost will be on these yet until I actually have a set made up for my tractor.The inital set up is what cost the most.But after talking with the guy yesterday and taking my pieces in to show him what I need made,I think I will be able to sell a set for around $75-$100.Is there any interest in them for this kind of money? I am not sure if I will do this yet.It depends on what kind of interest there is in it.

I would definately be interested. Mt 66 707 will get new paint in the spring and I have a 717 I am hoping to re-do also. Count me in (if you decide to do it) for the 707 at least. I have to see what I an getting in to with the 717 before I decide on that one. Thanx! Tom

Kevin, I would be interested in finding out a price just for the front grill logo. That's the hardest one to make and the only one I'm going to need to finish this 717 once and for all. Someday I'll feel like this project is finished but everytime I look at it I find something else I just have to redo again.

Any of you have the Broadmoor with the black dash?My tractors have the white dash and,I was looking at some of the flyer ads and the decals are different between the 2.I will only be making the ones for the white style dashes.It looks like only the 707 and 717 have the same decals other than the number change. Does this change anyone's mind about maybe wanting a set? Also I dont have the hood decals for the 717 or 707 that goes on the side's,but from the photos I have seen it looks like the 707 has outlined white numbers with orange in the center.The 717 looks like the center might be black or ?.Can anyone supply some photos of each with measurements of how tall the letters and numbers and the lenghth of the decals Thanks,

• 3 weeks later...
Just to let those of you that are interested in the decals know,I have taken the dash in to the shop to have them made up.The guy said it will be done in a couple weeks(to save money on set up cost he is doing these for me in between other jobs).I will see how well these come out and post some pictures of them.If they are good I will give him the hood to make up those decals next.It might be a couple months before I get the complete set done as I am just doing a section at a time.