Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

All this talk of dozing, blades & such...

Kent

... reminded me that I've never gotten the mounting bracket fabricated to mount one of Dutch's serrated grader blades to the snow plow hitch that I picked up at the Brooklyn show.... Is someone out there in the process of making a set of brackets? Would you consider making a set for me, since I have neither a torch or welder... I'd certainly appreciate it, since I need to buy and spread some topsoil this spring (if it EVER stops snowing, that is). If so, how much? Thanks!

Maynard, Yes, I mean the one that bolts to the blade. I must have overlooked them, somehow... If you see another one while you're "tending the eBay forum" could you let me know? Thanks!

Kent, if you don't get one in the next couple months I'll make it for you. I have to do one for me too, but I think I'm going to try it on the hitch for the 46" HD plow.

I don't think it sold i was trying to search it but haven't had any luck they had it listed funny. it wasn't grader blade bracket/mount

Maynard, I think I saw one that you were talking about but it was for the 40" blade used on the small frame tractors, part #5 in the attached pic. It was listed twice and I was thinking about trying to get it but didn't. Not sure it would be strong enough for Dutch's blade, alot different than the ones on the 42" blade for the large frame tractors. I must have missed the other bracket that you saw.

Kent, I'm in the same shape as you. Bracket not made, no welder, have a torch but have never tried to weld with it only silver solder. I'd also be willing to pay someone to fab one if they took on the task for you. Greg

My son just picked up a grader blade with a 101 if you need some specs from it, I might be able to help( I,m going to try to talk him out of it for my B-10) I do know that the blade is quite heavy. Fred Wood

Thanks for the offer, Fred. Dutch provided drawings and specs for the mounting bracket when I bought the blade. My problem is that I have neither the tools nor the skills to make it myself... I'll end up paying someone to do so. Thought maybe while someone was obtaining the materials, etc. to make one, they'd consider doing two....

HI KENT, I'D BE HAPPY TO, IF YOU JUST SEND ME SOMETYPE OF SKETCH OF WHAT YOU NEED AND MAT'L REQUIREMENTS. I JUST FABBED UP SOME DUAL WHEEL BRKTS FOR MY LANDLORD 101 AND THEY WORKED GREAT. COLE

Maynard if Kent ends up with more hitches than blades I'm sure he can find people to take them off his hands(HINT,HINT) Larry

quote:
Originally posted by UCD
And before you know it Kent has got 10 brackets and one blade
Sounds like a good excuse to buy 9 more blades AND enough tractors to mount them all.

Kent, from the picture above it looks like a piece of 1/4" stock bent to 90 deg with few holes in the right places. I'd defintly need a sketch and some measurements. Right now I've got to go work on the honey do list. Probably won't get back here until tommorrow ....

Well It would be something of a cook off fer sure. Give all the clubs craftsmen a sketch and material list and the best one gets the business. Who can operate for free? Then again who has time to get the business? Would the sketch include all hook up requirements Height to tractor frame base from ground? tail hook ups center hook ups front hook ups? all three. Can a small tractor handle three of Herbs Blades?

quote:
Originally posted by ReedS
... it looks like a piece of 1/4" stock bent to 90 deg with few holes in the right places.
1/4" stock is NOT heavy enough. The illustration above is NOT for a Large Frame Garden Tractor. The illustration below is......... [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/images/b_attachments_images/grader_spec2_small.jpg[/img]

I decided not to offer hitches with the serrated grader blades for several reasons. One reason was the cost of liability insurance. I also started charging for the hitch plans because I was receiving 20 requests for free hitch plans for every blade I sold. Then I was overwhelmed with emails asking the most basic questions about fabrication. Such as; "How do you cut steel?", "Can JB Weld be used?", etc., etc. I also posted how to modify a readily available FDT front hitch to be used with a grader blade (they are identical). If a simple square tube is welded to the FDT hitch, it can be used for both front and center. Here it is again. [img]http://home.att.net/~herb.niewender/hitch-mod-seq.jpg[/img]

I will be placing the "Spring" order for serrated grader blades next month. If anyone is interested, send me an email at herb.niewender@att.net