Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

AC912H..AC919H

SgtBob

...My first post here.....I come from an AC farm family..still have a couple bigger AC's. I also have a 912H...and a 919H...overall in nice shape, except each one has a problem.....looking for suggestions. The 912 w/the K301 Kohler has a broken rod and other "possible" internal damage. The 919 has a bad gearbox(was allowed to come loose by previous owner.w/the driveshaft from the engine basically tearing it up(bearings...gears)...although it still works/sounds like it's going to come apart at any time. Will the gear box from the 78' 912H fit the ~83 919H?. Is a complete gearbox even availiable from anyone..new/used? Can a replacement Kohler 12 be had reasonable?...Thanks for any help.......Bob Tatich

Hello Bob, Welcome to the club. I also have the same two tractor models but different years. My 912H is from 1984,919H is from 1981. My parts manual list the 912H,919H use the same bevel box. All the parts inside the bevel box is still available from Simplicity.[url]http://www.simplicityva.com[/url] Karl 8D

Welcome to the club Bob. Stay around here awhile and you'll most likely come up with an engine, maybe a whole tractor to cheap to pass up.Your talkin newer tractors then I've ever seen so I can't be much tech help...MPH

Welcome,Sarge! Northern Tools http://www.northerntool.com has several Kohler engines,from 8 to 25hp in their catalog.

Bob, other than the engines and the frame being notched out for the twin cylinder engine. The two tractors are identical. The tractors split in the middle and you can exchange the whole back end, gear box and all. The single cylinder engines in Northern are Magnum engines which have electronic ignition. This would require you to change your wiring harness in your 912 slightly. Otherwise, with parts from your blown 12hp, you can make the engines from Northern work.