Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

simplicity walk behind ?

I recently went to the shed and got out my grandfathers old walk behind tractor , because I need a snow blower. the only problem being that the drive belt is missing and I used to know the size and we used to have alot of them for the purposse of you never know when you might need one . My parents last used the blower about four years ago and have cleaned out the basement. I got the blower out changed the oil filled the gas cleaned the carb and lube all parts that need it, but no drive belt. runs great loud with no muffler but I really need to know size for drive belt. model#990148 serial #5604. I have alot of attachments for it and would like to use it again any help would be appreciated.

If all else fails, take a piece of half or 3/8's inch rope, rap it around the pulley, then measure the length. Gotta allow for clutch and such..Model # you give doesn't sound like anything I've heard talked of on the site. Can you find any sign of Model V or W ???MPH

Hello, Your Simplicity walking tractor is a Model H. This should have a 5 3/4 horse power Briggs & Stratton engine. Check this out for more information on Simplicity two wheel walking tractors.There is a model chart list with specs,hp,tire size,etc & equipment. Look under Simplicity two wheel walking tractor on my main page. Karl;) [url]http://www.simplicityva.com[/url] [img]http://www.simplicityva.com/sim-H.jpg[/img]