Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
davejs

Value of a Gravely 432

Kent
Dave, IMO, the old Gravely's are "absolute tanks." I looked at several when I moved to Massachusetts 5 years ago (I'd sold my lawn tractor before moving). I actually had decided to buy one that a local Toro dealer had taken in on trade, but by the time I went back with the checkbook, it was gone. It was a one-owner, had been fairly well maintained, though it was showing its age when it came to paint, seat, etc. It sold for $650 with just the mower deck. It had the optional front PTO, but no snowblower. It sounds like the one you're looking at has the front PTO shaft also, since it has the blower. The only "negative" I've ever heard about them is that parts are getting hard to find and very expensive.... Will you have a local parts source? Just think, if my timing had not been "off" this could have become a Gravely club/site... :D

BrownA
Dave, I have a Gravely model 8177 4 wheel tractor 16.5 hp Onan with 50" mower deck, 48"snow plow and a EZ rake 5hp vacuum attachment. The tractor is a 1979 and like Kent said they are tanks. My experience is that they are well built, real heavy duty, mine has the hydraulic lift. I plan on selling mine in the spring and am going to ask for a lot more than what you can buy yours for. I think thats a decent price if it works with no major problems. I know that at tractor shows there is a lot of interest in them, especially the 4 wheeled Gravely's. Good luck, Al

davejs
Thanks guys I'll pick it up and pay hell from my wife but that is standard. I understand it is a mid to late 60's with a rear mounted engine. Paint and all looks good with decals still intact. Blower looks the worst of all attachments.

powerking_one
Dave, If the engine runs OK and the overall machine is complete and in good condition, it's a steal!. The blower alone is worth the $300. I do have a personal bias towards Gravely's and the 432 is a desirable machine. You should not be worried about losing money on this investment. Parts are readily available (new and used). Tom(PK)