Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

B series Hood question

jrosenboom

Anyone know the story on the B series hoods? Which models had the riser(can't think of better word) towards the back of the hood? Looking through the pics on the B series on this site I only found one on a B-208. Was it a option? Did the B-212 have these as well? THANKS!!! John

John, These were made on the B-110,112,207,207E,208,and 208S. They were standered, and the battery and fuel tank were underneath it. It was made for a easy accsess to the battery and fuel tank. The B-212 didn't have one. www.simpletractors.com/models/b_series/1968_cat/more_features.htm Hope that helps. Michael

Michael, Yes, that's what I was looking for!! THANKS! Off the subject: Do you have any stickers for a B-10 early or a B-212? If I remember right you came up with some nice ones for your tractor. Just wondering. Thanks! John

John, www.wellsimplement.com/b10E.htm www.wellsimplement.com/b10edecals.htm www.wellsimplement.com/b212.htm www.wellsimplement.com/b212decals.htm You can also go to www.wellsimplement.com/lawn.htm and you can see other decals. We sell them in kits or sepertly. The Phone # is 1402 656-4435. You can ask for mark and he will help you. Michael

The Allis Chalmers HB-112 also had the riser on the hood. This my 1968 AC HB-112 with hydraulic dumping trailer. Karl ;) [img]http://www.simplicityva.com/Image012b.JPG[/img]

Yes, Karl. I have no way of knowing, but I'd guess the HB-112 is one of the rarest old Allises and its often overlooked. I know I did... Since it was their first hydro, and the "top of the line" -- i.e. most expensive, I don't think they sold nearly as many as the variable-speed B-112s.... Does yours have a recessed keyswitch instead like the later B-200 series? Just wondering if its a 1967 or 1968 model.... I don't know exactly when they went away from the push-button starter, but some 1968 models had recessed keyswitches.

Had a phone call tonight from a guy who has a B112 hydro. Worth looking into? What do you think one is worth as a perspective buyer (not seller;))

John, condition is everything -- it could be worth less than $100, to close to $1000 depending on condition, options and attachments.

Haven't had a chance to look at it yet. It sounds like it's all there and running. Just got home with a B212 that I picked up this morning. I might need some of those rings you guys were talking about in the Coffee Shop yesterday to put on my tractors when the old lady goes into the garage!! Thanks! John

Yes,Kent The AC HB-112 has the recessed keyswitch,the ser.no.011154 When I bought the tractor the orginal Briggs & Stratton 12 hp was already taken out and sold.The hydrostatic drive is leaking at the pintle shaft,needs to be fixed yet. The book "The Allis Chalmers Story by C H Wendel" I have list the AC HB-112 as 1968,AC HB-212 as 1969-70. I let my father use this tractor,if this tractor is that rare I should let him use another tractor,after I train him how to run the tractor:o):D

Karl, I really can't say how rare they are, since we don't have any production numbers -- but I do know it's a lot less common than a B-112... and any of the ones with the "console" on the hood are "hot items"....

Kent, I also have a Allis Chalmers B-110 made in 1968 with the recessed keyswitch.This tractor is sitting outside under a tarp right now. What is so hot about the "console" on the hood.Besides a different look?:D Karl [img]http://www.simplicityva.com/AC/Image096a.jpg[/img]