Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
rally884

hard to find symplicity snowblower part

rally884
Hi everyone this is my first post here. I have a symplicity 828 snowbuster. 1979/80. I am looking for the shaft assembly (part#106938). Symplicity said it is no longer availible. The shaft is the one that has the smaller sprocket that is on the blower assy. The snowblower has rarely ever been used and my back really wants me to use it. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. Tim

gregc
Tim, Welcome to the club. I think the part that you are looking for is #170783 for the 828 & 1028 Snowbuster. The number that you gave is for the 524 & 724 according to the parts list. Sorry I can't tell you where to find it but maybe another member can. Greg

jack1747
Have you talked to a local machinist? I was surprized when we needed a part for a "old" AC forklift. I was able to find a nos (new old stock)part but the price tag was $400.00 and it needed a special tool to put it in. I called a local backyard machinist and he built the part and the tool for $180.00..... Since then I have used him to build just about anything that was quote, no longer available, unquote. Jack