Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Value of a 725

I was nosing threw my Dad's garage today and saw this really old simplicity. It said that it was a 725. The motor is missing, but the tractor and mower deck looks like it is in great shape. I was wondering....what is the value of this tractor and what brand and hp motor came on this model. Thanks, Thad

If I'm correct, the 725 was made in 1962-63. It had a Briggs and Stratton 7.25 hp engine on it hence the 725 model. As far as value, with no motor, I really don't know. It would depend on condition, both mechanical and cosmetic, attachments with it, any other parts missing besides the engine, etc. Your location may play a factor also as far as desireability. What state are you in? That would help other members with more knowledge than me help you determine the value. Anyhoo, welcome to the club!

If you have access to a digital camera, positing a few pictures here might give the more learned members here an idea of the tractors' condition and help them asses it's market value. ^

Value is determined by not only it's actual cash value but also by it's sentimental value... does this tractor mean anything to you personally?? My 700 will probably will only be parted from me when it is pried from my cold, stiff and dead hands,or a very very reasonable cash gratuity... LOL Welcome to the club and good luck with your tractor my it provide you with many memories,a less sore back or a few greenbacks in your wallet.