Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
IronPony

ELECTRIC LIFT ?

IronPony
I have a chance to pick up an electric lift but it is not mounted and I have no idea what it is worth. Can anyone post a pic of an electric rear lift mounted? I'm putting this on an AC712S tractor. What would be a good ball park price in good condition? Thanks Dan

Dutch
Don't have a photo, but installation is simple. Two body lugs drop in bracket hooks, cross bolt to hold in place, one pin or bolt in "ram" end. The biggest concern is mounting the wiring so it doesn't get pinched when lift is operated, or rubbed on the spinning driveshaft. Worth? New OEM is about $500, used $10 & up. Brand new SuperJack actuators can be brought for about $50 and they will work if you have ability to modify. Lifts can also be bought from Surplus Center. If you mean the one on eBay right now, it will probably bring $100-$200. Does your AC712 have a 3 amp. unregulated alternator? If so, the system may have a problem supporting an often used electric lift.

BLT
Go to this web-site. http://www.simplicitytechpubs.com/techpubsearch.php Type in this number and download 1690392. This is a typical installation manual for electric lifts. It also gives you an idea on how to route wires. This manual is a Simplicity version of electric lifts built in the time frame your AC was. Would like to think it's close.