Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

717 brake band

samson

Does any one know where I could purchase the fiber brake material? I would like to rebuild the the band, but can't find the stuff. I ordered one from simplicity but no luck.

Any brake relining shop should have the proper material. Since tractor brakes are not stopping heavy equipment from high speed, you could probably use some other material. Such as, fire hose, web strap or belting, even heavy leather. BTW - There are some brake bands on eBay right now.

This is avalible as a complete assembly (band with lining) from Simplicity.The lining alone is not avalible.The assembly part number is: 156134 and list at $23.81