Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

New attachment for old machines

JBucketman

Guys, Had to share this cat. "0" 3 point I came up with for Landlord/Sovereign. It pins onto the rear hitch and to the lift tube with no mods to your tractor whatsoever. As you can see, the lift hight, mechanical advantage and tool rotation is fully adjustable. Since it uses the tractor's lift system the cost can be held down quite a bit. I think I can make them for about $200. Note: the reciever adaptor shown is not included. Would there be interest out there if I offered them? You would need the rear lift group to use it. I have it designed for the old style lift group and I think I might have an interferince on the new style with the lift ear. I would have to borrow one so I could adapt to the new style also. Here are some pictures of it. Thanks, John [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/uploaded/jbucketman/3ptbackup.JPG[/img] [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/uploaded/jbucketman/3ptlhclose.JPG[/img] [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/uploaded/jbucketman/3ptlrdn.JPG[/img] [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/uploaded/jbucketman/3ptlrup.JPG[/img] [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/uploaded/jbucketman/3ptrrdn.JPG[/img] [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/uploaded/jbucketman/3ptrrup.JPG[/img]

John, Very nice work and nice tractor. Don't need the hitch right now but I plan on talking to you in the future about a bucket. Got to do a little saving. Greg

John-that looks great for skidding logs,among other things! I'll buy one for my sovereign whenever they are ready-I'm sure you'll have no problem selling them.I have a '96-I can take some closeups of my lift kit if that would help.CJ

Looks like your typical great work, John! What have you used it with, other than the receiver shown? I wonder what's the "max weight" it will safely pick up, without adding additional weight to the front of the tractor to offset it. Or, what's the max practical weight for use with either the manual lift or hydraulic lift systems?

very nice work i have a late mod sovereign as well and if there is anything you need in the way of pictures measurements or anything just ask john and i can email what u may need. john b

Guys, Thanks for the compliments. Thought it would be a nice thing to have so a person could attach attachments like box scrapers, grader blades, single bottom plows, scarfiers and on and on.... As far as capacity goes, I need to see what I can lift. I will do more tests this coming week. I guess a person could always use a full Johnny Bucket for lift assist. Thanks again for all your support and thoughts. John

Hoss, I have a single bottom plow I would like to try out first. I just need to convince my freind his yard needs diging up. I also see there are a few nice 3 point attachments in www.northerntool.com

John, I have some idea what material and components cost. If you can fabricate that lift and sell it for anywhere near $200, BRAVO.......

quote:
Originally posted by alanscott
Dutch, have you considered having John fabricate the needed brackets for your grader blades?
Yes and no. I do think John would be the ideal person to make the hitch, and perhaps he has already made some. As I stated before, the serrated grader blades are only a hobby for me. I am not interested in becoming involved with the fabrication of hitches for several reasons. Ironically, I have sold many more of the serrated grader blades locally and as a result of my eBay ads than I have to club members. In addition to the Simplicity / Allis hitch plans, I also designed a “universal” hitch. Quite a few non-club buyers have emailed me with photos of the blade mounted on their tractors. They either made the hitch themselves from my plans, or had them fabricated by a welding shop. Since I have never received any feedback from any club member, I have no idea what any have done with their blades. If there is a demand for the hitch, perhaps some members could post a message for John, or ask Kent to start a poll. If there is a demand, and if John is interested, I will certainly co-operate with him.

John, Now that you've obviously got the rear lift geometry all figured out, when are you going to offer a reproduction Carry-All box for one... I've never even seen a real one. [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/images/new_in_1963/carry-all_pg5_sm.jpg[/img]

LOL :D John, Kent would even try it out for no charge and make sure it fits right. He could even try it for load beariing weight check. I better not laugh Kent is probably serious. ;)

Kent re: carry all box. I downloaded the factory spec sheets from the site and passed them to a friend that does some hobby fabrication. He likes the design and is considering working one up in his spare time this spring. I am also collecting materials to make one similar to the ones for farm tractors(wooden flat w/removable sides) for my 17GTH-L. When anythings pans out I'll post some pics Larry

Dogman, I would love to get some side veiw pictures of the new style lift tube. Kent, I am suprizes that rear box doesn't have wheely bar wheels on it. I know if I was using it, I sure would load it to the point were the front wheels were coming off the ground. As far as making it, I don't think that would be the big hurdel. It would be Boxing and shipping it. I know for a fact they don't make boxes that size so those would have to be custom and they aren't cheep unless you buy more than 50 at a crack. Also the size kind of tells me it would have to go freight and that gets kind of tricky and $$$. They don't pick up or deliver to residential most of the time but if they do, it's about $50 per extra service. Sorry I couldn't put a better light it. Thanks, John

John-I will have to get busy and learn that pic program so they come up right-maybe John(Roma)will beat me to it-he has the same sov.Did you get my email about the johnny bucket I want,and some of the questions I had? dogman

cj yeah i got the machine but am adapting my old (spare 3112h) lift tube to the new machine and it isnt on yet:( if you email me the pics i can shrink them and post them for you if you like.

Roma John-send me your email address again to dogsforlife76@hotmail.com so I can send you the pictures of the lift kit.thanks,CJ