Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Simplicity 700

dvogt

Well I got new tires & wheels on it finally & the engine overhauled & back in so thought I'd put a blade on it to push snow & break it in. I bought this tractor for Dad for fathers day last year . This summer I'm going to pull it apart to repaint it .

Kent, Don lives around 40 miles north of me and together I don't think we have had enough snow to fill a shot glass this season.

Bobs right , we haven't had much for snow yet , I was out twice with it to scrape lite snowfalls but thats about it. tryed pushing a dirt pill out back , it spins down pretty fast with the narrow tires on it. I have a set of wheel weights to put on it yet also when I finish painting them. reason I bought it for dad was he had one he bought used in 61 or 62 , had pics of me as a baby on it. his did not have electric start. Wally Becker found this tractor , it was in pretty decent shape overall.

Don, thats a very clean looking 700. S.E. Wisconsin hasn't had squat for snow yet. I have everything ready and waiting, either the snow goes south or north of us. With the trace we did have, I would have looked foolish if I plowed it. Although, it sure was tempting.

Over here in IA we haven't had a drop yet either. It's probably because I had the snowblower & tire chains on my 917 and a blade on my 718 in October! In the meantime I've picked up a B-10 with a blower and a B212 with a blade!! I've got an entire fleet for a corner lot in town^

Nice clean tractor Don! I've pushed enough snow with the Sovereign for, well, I guess not everyone, but it's sure gettin' a good work out making those banks!

We're certainly not getting snow like parts of NY, but I have about two feet on the ground and there's no prediction of it getting warm enough to get rid of any of it... supposed to have more light snow Thursday night/Friday.

Nice tractor Don, We've had about 2 feet of snow here in NW Ohio, although most of it has melted by now. I would like to see pics. of your tractor when you get it painted

Hi Don. Thats a nice looking machine, take plenty of pics (before ,during ,after) of you project...we like looking at pics. Marc..

Thanks for the comments Guys , I'll see if I can get some time to take some more photos. Getting ready for the big pull in Columbus Ohio next weekend (24&25)right now. If anyones going , stop by & say hi. we will have a parts booth set up.