Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Am I missing a seat deck bracket?

KSever

After putting on the seat deck I noticed that there was no support in the front. I have looked all through my manuals but it doesn't show the seatdeck anywhere (parts or service manuals). Is there a support bracket in front of the one in the middle? I know this tractor doesn't look the prettiest, but I'm not painting anything until after I decide everything fits right

Back of shift lever where that wear spot is looks like the likely spot. But there are no weld marks showing. I looked back in an older Simplicity parts book and that shift was part of the instrument panel and the seat rest was a permanent part of it.

Bob, I was a little worried about the front of the deck bending in the front since it sits about 1" above the gear shifter cover. When I picked this tractor up from the previous owner, he had a later seat deck on it and I didn't know if he took anything off to do this. Since I am putting it back to the original deck I would like it to fit right. This is what it looked like when I got it. Just a little mismatched. [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2//attach/KSever/newlandlordaddition.jpg[/img]

Kris, that's all there is... here's my Big Ten: [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/images/2_into_1/high-low.jpg[/img]

Kent, Have you got a picture of the front of your seat deck where it meets the gear shift cover? This deck on my Landlord sits about 1" above that cover. Is that sitting right? Thanks

Thats looking good Kris. As Kent said, thats is it. No support out front on these. Cant see in your picture if the seat stop is there while it's open. If you have a chance to stop by, I have an early B-10 thats correct and complete in my garage. The early B's were basically identical to yours. Very clean Big Ten Kent, looks like it was never used. About a one inch gap is correct to have between the seat pan and shifter tin.

Thanks Dan, I'll have to get directions to your house and maybe I can stop by for a short this weekend. Might be moving out your way this summer. :D I do know what your talking about for a seat stop but no it's not there, I have to find those yet. Thanks, Kris

The seat stop is shown on the upper part of Kents rear lift group. It just stops the deck from opening beyond 90 degrees. My phone is (920) 262-0632. I might be hauling some rough lumber for a winter project, making the wife a china cabnet. But otherwise, I will be home. If you let me know, I will plan around your stop. I'm looking at a 60acre parcel right now too. I smile when I say, "pull barn!"

Kris,I assume you wanted a photo of the seat deck when its down.If I can do this right below will be a photo of my 64 Landlord seat deck.Wish me luck on the picture posting. [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/uploaded/mowerman1193/Im000390.jpg[/img]

Kris, if you look at parts book again for 990350 0r 351 (same book), you'll see a difference in the make up of seat and fender make up. All later versions, in same parts book, used the seat rest like you are looking for. And your picture show's the later version seat and fender arrangement. The 101 used a bolt together fender and seat assembly versus the single stamping like you have. Mowerman's picture shows the correct seat/fender arrangement according to parts illustration. Notice the bolt holding the seat and fender together?

Bob, I now have a seat deck for this tractor off the right year tractor. I am just missing the seat deck stops that mount on the back pivot point for the seat deck. The picture of this tractor above in my post is from the time I picked it up from the previous owner. That seat deck looks like it was from a RBT[:0]. Were ok now though, I now have a seat deck from a 64 Landlord

I actually prefer the way the seat mounts on the oldies like yours Kris. It latches firmly in place, while the one on my HB-216 just seems to kind of "sit on top" and will really wallow and move around if the bolts/pins in the hinges aren't real tight. It's quite noticable when I shift my big butt uphill, out of the seat when I'm mowing around the slopes in my back yard. In comparison, the Big Ten feels rock solid, even when climbing banks or snowbanks.... I guess if I were really that concerned with my HB, I could drill out the worn holes in the hinges and put in an over-sized pin/bolt for tight fit, but there's hotter priorities...

Kris the seat deck may look like it's off a RBT but my 2110 and 3012 both use that style deck too. I started to get a deck off a B-10 or similar to put on the 3012 because they look so good with ag tires. When I saw the extra support needed I dropped that idea. Oh well! You have a nice tractor Kris, enjoy it. Larry

Thanks Bob, That a good link and good pictures. Looks like I got it all right and that is the deck I have also. Kris