Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Thank you for condolences

LadyAnn

Many thanks to those who expressed condolences at the passing of my mom. She was 82. Boy, what a hard thing to go through! She had been in nursing home fairly stable and went downhill drastically in past month. She was uncomfortable and not happy. I spent 3 days with her the week before she passed. No matter if you do know someone is dying it does not seem to make it easier. Again, thank you all who responded. You've all got heart. Ann Marie (Maynard's wife) (aka LadyAnn)

I also wish to offer my sincere thanks to everyone. This is more than just an internet club it is more like an extended family. Ann has been a member for quite some time since 07/04/02 I was going to make the post but she insisted. She was overcome when I showed her the post. Thank you again guys from the bottom of our hearts.

maynard /ann Loosing both my grandparents within the last year both to extended illnesses it truley indeed is a hard thing to go through even though the eventual passing is a foregon conclusion. Most recently my grandmother passed away in november (age 87) after a year long battle with uterine cancer. It is a strain on the whole family, and seing your loved one wasting away to a mere shell of what they were is the hardest thing of all. One fact that has helped our family pull through is knowing that her pain and suffering is now over, and that a person is not truley "dead" to us. We carry a peice of them in our hearts every day and rember what they brought us up to be. once again sory for your loss john b

I guess it is difficult even if you are able to say goodbye. My dad died from leukimia while i was in the service and my mom died choking on food. I was unable to see either of them before they died and It did matter. I had a grandpa that knew he was going to die before i came home from boot camp and he did. I was able to hug him and it mattered. My grandmother died of an anurizm and i was not able to say good bye to her. Yes i missed that. I was not attempting to weaken the sorrow only to ecourage the exchange if possible. We are and have been taking care of my wifes grandfather in our home, who can't remember his kids, his zipper, or if it is day or night. I hope your relationship with your mom was good. Leroy

Ann we can never say enough to those who are hurting. Each loss is personal and therefore ones grief is personal also. Just know that you are one of us, and that we are always here for you. It is in the remembering that true comfort and healing comes. I hope your memories bring you peace. Larry

Dear Ann,we just lost someone close to us too.Charlie told me about you and Maynards loss and said he thought it would be okay for me to say something even tho I am not a member.I told him there are no words and I didn't know what to say except I'm sorry.So he said just say that.hope I didn't break a rule.much love,Barb

Ann & Maynard, My mother was 29, my father 48 and my son 25 at their passing. I know the feeling and the hurt also, as we all do in our lives. Good luck to you both..