Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

I need more belt deck throwing help!!!! '64 Landlo

Thanks guy's for the e-mails and pics! I still haven't got my manual yet! On order.I was able to make sure the belt was on right thru an E-mail with a pic that someone sent me. It STILL throws the belt. Once again I'm new to the lawn tractor world! And new to this 1964 "Landlord" with a 42" deck. So as I play (work) on this tractor I discover more things, bad things,...like one of the arms that comes off the mower deck and attaches to the tractor IS NOT there!!!! IS this enough to alow the deck to go off square and throw the belt when power is applied?!?!?!? HELP! Ted

Hi Ted, I beleive you received a copy of the proper way the belt goes from myself. If you are missing one of those arms yes indeed it will cause your problem for sure and would throw the whole deck out of line. The part that you are missing is called a "rocker arm"-Part # 108228 and that would be for a mowerdeck MFR's #407 and you should be able to get one at any Simplicity dealer. Let me know if you need a parts blow up of the deck and I will send it to you but let me know if you have a printer and I will send it full size for a print out. Best to you and don't give up on your 64 as it is a good tractor. ->happyjack<-

• 1 month later...
CHECK AND MAKE SURE THE CENTER SHAFT AND PULLEY IS TIGHT, GREASED AND IN GOOD CONDITION. MAKE SURE THE SHAFT KEY-WAY AND THE SQUARE/OR MOON KEY IS IN PLACE. IF THE PULLEY IS LOOSE YOU'LL NEVER HOLD BELT. MANY DECK SHAFT AND BEARING ASSEMBLIES WEAR OUT DUE TO OWNER IGNORANCE OR LACK OF MAINTENANCE.. JUST A SHOT!!! [A href='MARIONWCUEBALL@CS.COM']MARIONWCUEBALL@CS.COM[/a]