Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

What a difference

KSever

After running my 717 for about 2 1/2 years and then getting this Lanlord running tonight and tuned it is amazing what a difference there is in 3 HP. Now I can't wait to get the 314 running with the 14 HP. It will be double the HP of the 717, just like getting out of a datsun into a Kenworth...:D:D:D

I put a 12HP on my 728 and a 16HP on my 3112H. I know what your are relating to. I think Kenworth is stretching it a tad, but that's OK (grin).

It's not just the HP difference, Kris. It's a torque difference and a difference in traction because of the weight of the tractor. Your 10 HP could probably pull two of the 7HP machines backwards.... But, I know what you mean. I commented here on the difference I noticed on my HB when I swapped the 10HP for 16HP. It will now go uphill with the mower deck engaged, and never go onto the governor. With the 10HP the governor was on most of the time, especially after the hydro sucked off it's needed 2 or 3 HP....

Kent, didn't that one go down the hill, backwards. Or should I not remind you. LOL Kris, sounds like your very happy with the next step up. I mowed neighbors lawns with my 525 when I was young. I always looked forward to doing our lawn since I got to use one of my Dads B-10's. There is quite a difference. I have driven the 300 styles and am still partial to the older foot draggin styles. That is with the exception for the powermax's.

No, it went down frontwards, and I'm just now repairing the damage. It dented the hood in about 2", the front grille frame and the dashboard over an inch each.... Ouch! Plus, I'm pretty sure it was that impact that snapped one of those 4 grade 5 bolts that hold the BGB to the front frame, and "cost me" a bevel gear box.... That's more than just an ouch.... :(

Wow! I wasnt aware it damaged that much. I feel bad now that I took it so light heartedly. I think I know of a place where I can get you some parts for very cheap if not nothing. Let me know if your in need of them still. Last time I was at this guys place he had a fairly complete B-110 with a broke rear end. The dash frame on the 112 is different if I recall correct.