Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

jacobsen snowblower

TimE

Does anyone know if parts are still available for these snowblowers? I have the chance to buy an older (1980's) 2 stage,26", 8 hp unit. It's in decent shape, runs well and doesn't need anything right now. I just don't want to be in a situation where I have the unit and can't get a part that it needs. Thanks.

Well sorry to say Jacobsen parts for snow blowers are almost to the extinct point. Jacobsen was bought out by Textron, I think, and the snowblower line disappeared. Last known soucre of parts was some dealer in the Cleveland OH area. If you can get it for a $100 or so and keep it for a few years you got a deal. But it is a gamble. Check auger gear box to see if it has any oil in it. I think that was their weak link.

Tim I've got a Jacobsen with a 6hp engine on it that I picked up at a yard sale for $70. A few parts are still around but they are real basic. My drive belt keeps jumping off under severe load. Otherwise it's OK but I'd rather have my old Ariens back....

Engine parts should be available. We have some after market parts for Jacobsen listed here http://www.jackssmallengines.com/snow_index.html Jack