Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Members in NW Indiana? and thanks

tractorfreak3

tractorfreak3
I'm moving to nw indiana. wanted to see if there are members out that way. also want to thank Jeff F. for helping solve the dilema of moving 18 tractors.Tim

Hi im not in indiana but about 30 minutes from the border and 1 hour from chicago so if that gives you an idea of how close we might be..mike

tractorfreak3
once i get work, we'll be buying a house (location i'm not sure), but for now i'll be living with my parents in calumet township or better known as Gary, thats where I was born and raised. and actually, my mom being a farm girl from the 40's is quite excited for me to use the 63 LL to till there acre of garden. it's actually hard or quite discouraging, i thought i had life started but work has been so slow and we wanted to move home anyways. so it's back to life as it was in high school, with more responsiblitites. maybe we can get a greater chicagoland show going. i know the parts bussiness has kept me in extra money being laid off these four months. thanks Tim

Welcome to nortwest Indiana there are a few of us in the area. Hope You have a snow blower or plow in your collection, the way it sounds it would appear that you are prepared for our winters in our area, I aquired my first tractor? this last summer, Its a forty year old Wonder-Boy I made a hitch for it and I am plowing snow with it what a ball.

I'm hooked!

tractorfreak3
well for now, i'll be keeping my 63 LL with snowblower,tiller and deck. a 63 jacobsen with hyd lift deck and plow, a b112 b 10 and b110, and my very first simplicty that started all this- a little broadmoor that is in four boxes. I am very curious to see what kinda stuff i can find in Hoosier land. It's gonna be strange not having internet for a while but i'll get it hooked up asap. I'll just keep thinking about Jim Nieghbors at the Indy 500 "Back Home Again in Indiana".......