Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Powermax PTO - Driveline Parts 1" x 15 spline

powermax_paul

powermax_paul
In the Cat 0 woodsplitter thread I suggested we come up with a design of our own. It occurred to me that the most difficult part of creating rear attachments like this for the Powermax tractors would be finding a rear pto pump coupler shaft. Well, I finally found a manufacturer with 1" x 15 spline parts. They have male tractor ends and also splined 1" x 15 shafts in 3' lengths that could be used to make pump couplers. Here's the link: http://www.westwardusa.com/catalogue/agpartsdisplay.cfm?MainSectionName=B%20Domestic&SectionName=6%20Series There are many Category 1, 540 pto attachments that are available on the market that are belt driven on the implement end of the pto driveline and could be converted by: 1. Changing main lift pins to 5/8" dia and turning them inward. 2. Changing out the Tractor end yoke to 1" x 15 yoke. 3. Changing the pulley/belt system to an accomodate the 2000RPM shaft speed.

Paul, You will have to excuse me - I'm new to this. Does that mean that if you purchase a Cat 1 log splitter from Northern Tool and change the tractor end yoke - you will be up and running? Thanks, Jeff

Paul, Just the info I was looking for, as I have a heavy duty shaft driven tiller from a Bolens tractor I want to adapt to my AC 620 with 3 point. Thanks for the much needed info. Floyd

Thanks alot Paul! I have a little project going, and was needing a source for the yokes. Very timely and appreciated....

powermax_paul
Jeff, The tractor end yoke referrs to the end piece of the PTO shaft/driveline that will mate up to the tractor PTO connection. The Northern splitter you're referring to is not PTO driven, but it does mate up to a category 1 3pt hitch. The category 1 3pt hitch has longer arms and a longer top link than your category 0. It also uses 7/8"? pins instead of the Cat 0, 5/8" pins. To convert the Northern splitter, you will need a set of 5/8" lift pins to replace the larger pins on the splitter and also turn the pins inward instead of outward because the Category 0 has a smaller armspread. You will also need a 1" x 15 spline shaft to mate up with the tractor pto and machine it to mate up with a hydraulic pump. The pump on the tractor is not flow rated enough to run a splitter.

powermax_paul
Just to wet your appetite, here's a prime example. Northern Tool Chipper Shreader: [img]http://www.northerntool.com/images/product/images/170554_lg.jpg[/img] PTO Chipper/Shredder Gets the Job Done Fast Shredder has 24 free-swinging reversible hardened steel hammers. Chipper has hardened, special steel blade on heavy flywheel. Hopper opening is 18in. positions. Screens include 1in. standard bar; and 1/4in., 1/2in., 3/4in. perforated as options. Includes PTO shaft and fits all category 0 and 1 tractors having a 1 3/8in., 6-spline PTO with clockwise rotation. U.S.A. Ships From Mfg Delivery Time: 10-14 Business Days Ship Wt. 240.0 lbs Item# 170554 Discount Price... $1299.99 Now, see the pulley on the implement end of the pto driveline? Make that pulley approx 3.7X smaller for a 2000 RPM PTO. Change the tractor end of the driveline to a 1" x 15 spline stub yoke. Then this unit should work on a Powermax Tractor!
  • Thanks 1