Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Trade

Ron_B

A fellow came buy to-day, was looking at my 4041 loader while i was moving some snow around.Got to talken about tractors, he ended up wanting to no if i would think on making him a trade. He has a 75 Sears Brand garden tractor that he bought new.It is a 16 HP,ss-16. It comes with 3 point hitch,plow, snow blower attachment,rotary mower, lever blade and a utility cart complete with manuals. o and wheel weights. Trade or sell for $2500. Any thoughts.---Ron B

From what I've seen in the past 4 years in the classifieds on this site, as well as some local tractors, $2500 for your 4041 with a loader, is way too low. I've seen these listed $2000 for just the tractor up to and exceeding $5000 depending on condition and attachments. Your loader is worth well over $1000 itself if it's in good shape. Brent

powermax_paul
I agree with Brent on prices above and even he may be low. A Powermax loader, even in poor shape, should bring $1000.

Ron if the 4041 does not fit your needs and you want the smaller tractor, sell the 4041 outright and buy the Sears. Around here that Sears with the attatchments will sell for $500-$800. It sounds like this fellow is looking for a real deal! Don't deal till you've done more homework! Larry

Not really Leroy, I would not let her go. I looked a long time to find a good loader.But i am looking for a smaller tractor,with snow blower and mower.A good one is hard to find around here.I paid $1800 for the 4041 and loader and a good set of chains. Have a good one.---Ron B