Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Hard to get parts reproduced

BrownA

I was wondering what part for a older B-series or Simplicty would be worth reproducing, such as a part that is not available but very desirable ? I have noticed that most club members are pretty handy but not everyone has all the resources available. I see there has been interest in the bracket for the grader blade. does anyone have any ideas for a part that you just can't get ? I have a friend who is a welder and fabricator who is willing to make up parts if he did it in some quantity. Just wondering, I look forward to hearing your ideas. Al

1. Belly grader blade hitch. 2. Snowthrower hitch(es) 3. Double idler/rear PTO pulleys for 3400/7000/7100 series tillers 4. Rear Lift These are all still available, just a rip-off to buy new from Sim. and can be hard to find used. Brent

Brent you hit those right. Eva got me the lower hitch for my 17GTH-L for my birthday. New from the dealer > $70.00. My buddy and I fabricated one identical out of scrap he had in no time. Total cost was maybe five bucks for welding rods and paint! Side by side you can't tell wich is which. Larry

Running boards off a Homelite T-10, since they'd fit a B-series Allis. I'd like for Dutch to be able to experience some of the finer things in life, and since he can't seem to get over his phobia of FDTs... :D

hey how about the rear bracket that holds the hydro cylinder to the bevel gear box on older b series tractors - there are always people trying to hunt them down - me also

That rear bracket for the hydraulic lift might be a good candidate, but it's a pretty complex shape... the original is cast.

The front lift rod assembly, adjustable with the spring and collars. I've seen people wanting them frequently. Easy to make IF you have the resources. Simplicity wants around $80.00 something. Material costs are only around $12 - $15 . Make up a dozen in no time and let them go for $35.00 Steve