Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

620 gauges

cuda70

just put in oil temp gauge an oil pressure gauge plus volt gauge sorry about oil temp being black but could not find a white one

If that sender is the one cut off at the top of the picture for oil temperature, you'll get a somewhat inaccurate reading. Where you have now you are at a dead end, no oil is flowing by it. You should get it in oil pan. That's where the real temperature is. Also as a suggestion, you'll want to remove that steel block and screw that oil pressure sender directly into that brass fitting in the filter head. There is a good chance with that much wheight on the brass fitting, vibration will fatigue it and it'll snap.

sorry that sender is for the oil pressure the trans oil temp sender is on the return line off the cooler going into trans dont have a pic of that

quote:
Originally posted by cuda70
sorry that sender is for the oil pressure the trans oil temp sender is on the return line off the cooler going into trans dont have a pic of that
That should be ok. But somehow you need to anchor those senders or it could be a potential problem.

ran tractor for 6hrs moving snow with front loader an trans temp never hit 100degrees the sender for trans is supported really good an cant move

quote:
Originally posted by cuda70
ran tractor for 6hrs moving snow with front loader an trans temp never hit 100degrees the sender for trans is supported really good an cant move
Cuda I'm not talking about trans sender, I'm talking about oil pressure senders. There's is a lot of overhang on that 45 deg fitting coming out of oil filter. At some point in time, not now but maybe next year or the year after, it has the potential of breaking.

I had one break off twice on my Suburban because someone had added a 45 degree elbow to provide accessibility. I replaced the first one with an elbow from an auto parts store. It came off the wall, nat looked up as a replacement. If I hadn't been watching the gauge, it could have been catastrophic to my engine. Asked a friend who is an avid Chevy man, and he said that they never used the elbow on any engines that he knew of. I removed remnants of elbow and screwed sender directly into block. No problems since.