Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Cold starting, No temp to report.....

thedaddycat

Well, last night it got cold and I went out today and started the 3310 right up. Full choke and a little gas, fired right up. Ease off the choke as she warms and no problems. Oh, it's an outside machine, too. No warm garage for shelter. Last night when I went to see how cold it was(12:41AM), did I ever get a suprise.... We had no outside temperature!!!! Inside the wood stove had it at a balmy "Upper 70's". A while later we had temp back again, but on the low side of zero for the first time in a long time....

This electronic wonder records the high and low since it was last reset. It got even lower after I went to bed, -2.9 F by that one. Brrrrrrrrr........ Now these temps might not impress Marty or you boys from Minnesota or Wisconsin, but I only live 15 miles off the East Coast!!! All that water's supposed to "moderate" the climate.....

I know what you mean Kirk. Here outside Louisville Kentucky we had -7 Sunday and -2 yesterday. I emailed DougM a pic and he said we had more snow than he did in Grand Rapids. It's a strange weather year I guess. Larry

Pretty wierd weather. Almost had to break out the snow shovel today, we had a mere 1 1/2 in. up here in Madison,WI. I don't think we've had over 4 inches all winter

Finished my tour at midnite last night. got back to HQ and the thermometer read -4 and the wind was really whipping. My car ran for 1/2 hour and never warmed up. Hasn't been this cold in North Jersey in a long time.

Milwaukee 21 at 6:55 AM CST and to get a little warmer. Rain or snow forecast for weekend. I forgot, snowblower gas is getting 'moldy'. You guys up the east coast have a good argument on global warming this year.

Try a whopping 26 below zero -26 and other side of town had 36 below zero -36 Monday night. At 3;00 pm when I went out to blow out the yard it was -10 and the diesel started.

-40 below zero here in Northern Maine over the weekend. My digital read -18.5 Tuesday morning. It's been cold. Supposed to warm up later in the week. Maybe it will get to 20 above zero. That will bring out the black flies. Stan

Dont you guys forget......Next time you get those subzero temps, and a full moon to get bundled up and get out in the woods for a "night walk" its fun....

Here is Wisconsin and Minnesota we are "enjoying" this global warming. No snow :( and almost balmy temperatures. I believe we have not had a daytime temperature below zero yet. Normally we get a whole week with the daytime high not getting above zero, and nightime temps >>> way below zero. Snowmobiles in the shed... The AC with snowblower has not moved ... I have not even put on boots or insulated coveralls yet. My son has plowed the driveway twice (ea. time about 1/4" snow) with the HB212 just to do something, he sure misses driving tractor. I fear we will pay for this, this summer.

You boys can have your snow and cold weather back. In northwest Ohio the weatherman said we had 16 inches of snow in January. High today was 29 degrees. Weekend it supose to be in upper 30's and by Tuesday low 40's.

You guys in Wisconsin and Minnesota, Your cold air and that solid precip has been leaking down to us in NC. Please take it back. I would rather push dirt with my dozer blade, the results are longer lasting. Let us get back to our average daily temp of 48 degrees for this time of year, that's plenty cold enough. Greg

Here in central mass we had about -10 ten below the other night, right now it's about 18 F and I think I can dig out my shorts and t's because the rumor mill has the temp going all the way up to 40 F this weekend with rain....... ha I'll believe it when I see it.[:0] The 2110 will start no problem in this weather,it's the 9hp that doesn't like the cold guess I need to put a real battery in it!;)

I'm with Greg, please take your snow and cold air back up North. This is the coldest Winter we have had in Tennessee in several years.

Getting use to the cold in Syracuse, today was the first day above zero in a week or more. Up to 27F for a high today. 10 below was the high the other day! V-twin Sovereign doesn't seem to mind a bit though. Fires right up, pushes mad snow!

The only - minus temp i can find around here Willamete valley in Oregon is in the freezer. 56 and a sw wind at 4mph. If the snow blower could be modified to blow mud i could use one.

I hate to admit it, but for those of us in Wisconsin - I'm to blame for the lack of snow this year... You see, in years past each winter I seemed to fall behind in my winterization chores (put the garden tools away, bring down the snow shovels, etc.) As a result each passing year has brought at least one substantial snowfall generally by the first week of December and I reasoned that it must have happened because I wasn't ready for it. :D This year was different!! ALL of my winter prep chores were done by Thanksgiving. I even found a snowblower for my 7014 and had it ready to go. And of course, true to Murphy's Law: no snow!! So to my bretheren here in Wisconsin - let me extend my sincerest apologies to you all. ;-) Ken