Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

My wife has has the mistaken idea

McGill

My wife thinks I have enough tractors. Even after I blew the 40 yr old front tire on the snowblower tractor and was able to choose from no less than 12 non-running tractors to borrow a tire from. She can't see how much time and money I saved by having the part readily available.

So she's right then, you do have enough tractors. It saved time and frustration because you have parts you can borrow, like you said. But it doesn't mean you have too many tractors though! That is not physically possible, again, like her shoes! She probably meant barely enough, right?

Gotta keep em moving Dennis. If they sit too long then wives have time to count them. If you keep them coming and going, pretty soon they don't remember what new and whats old. Also wives only count the whole tractors they see. Once you disassemble them and put the usable parts on the shelf they lose track of the count. Parts don't count you know.... only whole tractors:D

My suggestion would be to give her one that she could work on. If you can get her interested then the number of tractors will not be a problem any more! Yesterday afternoon my wife was tearing down her 707. Its going down to the frame for a rebuild and repaint job. It will not be all stock as it will have an 11 horse engine in it when its done. I quess I'll have to find more to replace the one I gave her!!!!!!! Mike

I've parted out about 120 cub cadets in the past 3 years & 20 or so Simplicitys. it does help to take them apart & stack the parts away. I try to only have around 10 or 12 tractors together at one time so she don't notice it as much. She did come into the shop a few months ago and looked at all the parts and asked if they were worth anything. Of coarse they are hun., I hope so was Her response. thats been it. Of coarse she did go into the shop and clean out my tractor fund($1800) that I had in my tool box. O well new hiding place for it now.

Sam, Good Idea, I'll start dismantling today. I just hope she doesn't decide to go to my storage shed in town. That's where I keep the oddball stuff like John Deere and Sears.