Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

let it snow! ,snowthrower equipped

G.Kiebler

purchased an AC thrower yesterday,it's in great shape. The man said it came off of a sovereign but fits my landlord101.I didn't think to get the crank pulley,although I might have one on another tractor.Does anyone know the belt length this belt is a 48x640,crank pulley diameter and @ the worth of a good snowblower? [img]attach/g.kiebler/ac%20snowblower.jpg[/img]
  • Like 1

It appears to be a late-60's single-belt Allis snowblower. Here's a link to what I think is the correct Operator's Manual: http://www.simpletractors.com/operation/snow_thrower/single_belt.htm The correct pulley is a 5" one, as far as I can tell.

thank you Kent&Manard, would the soveriegn used a different belt? What do you tkink a snowblower is worth in real good shape?

Greg, I didnt say it came off of a Sovereign. I said it came "in" with a Sovereign. Actually it was a 918H. We never had it hooked up to anything, just went right to the junk pile. Glad its working out for you. Hope the boss didnt get pissed.. Jack WWW.Jackssmallengines.com

my mistake Jack, I wonder if the trade had a bracket for the engageing rod or the front pulley? The junk pile,I'll put that in the back of my mind,I'm sure it will be a good unit."Mommy" didn't have much to say this time. See next time,Gary

I've got a similar unit on a 2110 LandLord.There are two metal "fingers" which are supposed to go on either side of the engine pulley.I guess they work like belt guides to keep the belt in place.FWIW,I was told that they MUST be in place,or you'll keep losing the belt.

Junk pile just ment that it was of no use to us. You can stop in anytime "I'm" there to look over the tractor that it came in with. I am going to take the 918H out of state sometime in March.. Wont be using any snow stuff were its going. I hope! Jack http://www.jackssmallengines.com

Are these what you're talking about? One reason I decided to restore the 2012 was because it had many of the small "detail" items like this on it.

Kirk,what would yousay the diameter is on the crank pulley?,it looks way different than the one I have on another unit.Mine looks to be 4 or 5" and the belt groove is closer to the allen key.

That pic is of the 2012 when I got it. The stamped pulley was flattened so that you couldn't run a kite string as a belt..... I did a little checking on different front pulleys from various tractors. As far as I know, all these pulleys are stock, that is to say what the tractor came with when I got it and judged to have reasonably come that way from the factory. Hey, you have to guess it one way or the other unless you know for sure, right??? Here's what I found..... The front PTO pulley on the 3310 is a mechanical clutch type pulley that measures 6" at the outer edge of the belt groove.

Here's what it looks like apart. Once more I'll put out the call, if anyone has the rest of the clutch for this tractor(3300 series) please contact me. Thanks...

The cast front PTO pulley on the left is from a 2210 while the stamped one on the right is the one from the 2012 shown above. Both measure 4 1/4" to the outer edge.

The engine pulley on the three belt snowblower tapes out at 3 1/2". This is the blower that was originaly made to go with the 7 HP Model 700 Wonderboy, Simplicity's first four wheeled garden tractor. I believe it was the 990168, but not 100% sure on that.

Gary there are two belt numbers for your tractor in the belt book for the snowblower drive belt hence 2 different pulley sizes were avail.

Those are the one,Kirk.The B210 that my snowblower was on had all of the small items that normally are missing. Guess ya get lucky on occasion.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi I have the same snow blower on a B-110 it is fantastic I had to make the pully system and rods for engagement a little grease and wax and it works like new to find belt length I ran a rope around the pullys then mesured it and added an inch or two I still had to adjust pully connector length to get correct operation I have pushed it into snow drifts driven through thr yard to make a path for the dogs wide open throttel and not a problem the belt still looks great I love it I did replace the stock bgb drive pully with a larger one for lower first gear such a nice simple rig fun to work on Eric