Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

New Tires for the 4040

MPH

After hitting about 3 doz tire shops in Nebr I scored this pair of 29x12.5x15 inch lugs for my power Max. If you ever want to cuz people to kink thier necks in airports, put two of these and a large suitcase on one of those lugage carts and push it around an airport. Wish I had taken a pic of the load but it didn't seem all that odd to me to be doing such a thing. Don't think anyone passed by without doing a double-take. I mean heck, I saved 138 bucks on shipping charge...MPH

I rode a bus once to a neighboring state to pick up a 65 Corvair from my brother-in-law. It needed a bettery, and I didn't trust his mechanic skills, so I packed a dry charged battery, a sealed acid container and nearly my whole toolbox into a suitcase to take with me. You should have seen those baggage handlers trying to move that 80 lb suitcase, and the funny looks on their faces. I had everything I needed, and got the car home without a problem.

Lou, got the tires through Bauer Built tire center in Fremont. Roger set me up to pick them up in Grand Island as ,I guess, GI is a long way from Fremont. Had to have them shipped from some other store in thier system. Had I done a bit of homework and known you were in Omaha I might have dropped in for coffee, just amazed me how close towns are down there...MPH

Did the same thing with a pair of snow tires in the airport in New Orleans years back. (moving my sister back to Ohio in Feb.) The looks were half the fun!!!!!!11