Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

How old is this?

Dick, I don't know what you have, but whenever Simplicity quit providing tractors to Wards sometime in the area of 1965 give or take, Gilson was the next provider. The tractor I remember had a shaft over the top of the engine, belt driven and a variable speed pulley and belt going down behind the engine. I was thinking of buying one when I bought a new Squire 10 from Wards in 1967. It was a carryover. I really don't know but the number says to me it is a Gilson. How about it you guys? Al

Al, I agree with you as the #'s are not like anything that I can recall. Your thought on the Gilson would make very much sence as even the first 3 letters in the # gil pretty much spells out Gilson. I can't tell you anything about the Gilson tractors as they are totally "GREEK" to me. So I will second this one-next please->happyjack<-

I have a Montgomery Ward sold Simplex garden tractor that is a model# GIL-33040C and was wondering what fear this was manufactured.

Sorry it took so long to get back to you, I had some trouble remembering my password. I'm not set up to transmit pictures yet. I agree that the number seems to refer to Gilson, but if it does, Gilson robbed a lot of the Simplex design. They look an awfull lot similar. Does the Simplex have a shaft drive set up?