Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

At Last Some Snow (to plow)

JDSnyder

We finally got some snow in drought stricken southern Colorado. It was only about 3 inches, but I had to get the Landlord out and move it around! It's been chained up and ready all winter.

Good deal Jeff! The forcasters are calling for maybe three or four inches here in northern Kentucky Thursday. Maybe I'll get to fire up the 17GTH-L or the 3012 and push a little. Larry

You can have some of mine. We have gotten about 30" since Sunday here in Northern Maine. Throw in the 50 mph gusting winds and you have blizzard conditions. I had to snowblow my driveway 3 times yesterday. Once at 4:30am so my wife could get out and go to work, another at 6:30am so I could get out to go to work, and again at 11:00pm when I got home from work so everyone who was stuck in the drifts in the driveway could get in. Please, take some of my snow. I have a Farmall 460 farm tractor with a 6.5' snowblower on the 3 pth and the drifts were taller than the blower. Some were as tall as the rear tires on the tractor. Did I hear something about 10 more weeks of winter...ughhh

We Still have bare fields here in North Dakota. We have had less than 12 inches all winter. Good thing that I put the blower on the landloard and the winter front on the Allis CA with loader

We got another 4 inches of snow today so I got to plow again tonight! I have heard that things are pretty tough in North Dakota. I hope our drought is over and we can send some your way, too. Jeff Snyder

quote:
Originally posted by JDSnyder
We got another 4 inches of snow today so I got to plow again tonight! I have heard that things are pretty tough in North Dakota. I hope our drought is over and we can send some your way, too. Jeff Snyder
I was in Denver today, KOA says 15 inches at Lookout Mountain in less than 6 hours.

Started snowing last nite while I was finishing my patrol here in Northwest N.J. at around midnite. Woke up this moring to about 6-7 inches and no sign of letting up.