Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

JBjr on and ready!

Got some help putting bucket together and on the sovereign-pretty heavy duty! Haven't decided how I am going to mount the rope guides yet,don't want to drill any holes.John sent a picture with a board clamped on the frame,I might do that-any other suggestions? CJ

cj if you want i can email you a pic of how i mounted mine, i toiled with a few ideas as far as mounting the guides without drilling but finally i gave in and drilled 2 small holes in the rt sidepanel just below the hydro control. It works out pretty well, and believe me i was reluctant to put holes in a 4-day old machine.:D ps good luck with it i think we will both enjoy the use of the jbjr even more when it is t-shirt weather. Oh by the way when you set up the trip/reset handles make sure the bucket is down. I adjusted mine with the thing up, and when i lowerd the bucket the slack pulled out and the bucket would trip. Other than that mine went together with a snap, and yes this thing is built to last #1 job in making these. good luck and drop me a line if you want the pics john

Chalie, I can relate to your reluctance to drill holes, both times I went to install tiny-tachs it took a fight to cut the hole. If Simplicity would have had the attachment, would they have drilled a hole for it?? Looking good on there though..MPH

sssshhhhh...'that'nurse would kill me if she knew some of the stuff I'm doing! Roma John-yes,please email me your pics of the rope guides-did you notice I got the bigger bucket? Marty,I may break down and drill,but I'm not there yet!...(I guess if I do drill,I can treat the holes to prevent rust).

cj no i didnt notice you got the bigger one than mine :( lol how much was that one? i will be out with the tractor as soon as the snowsuit gets out of the dryier, i will grab the shots then, the blower is on it now but i left the rope-guides.

cj here are the pics of how i had my rope guides set up, the single guide that is on the engine keeps the rope away feom the brake, i thread both ropes through this one, the bracket came attached to the engine so all i had to do is thread on the eyebolt. I was abel to use 2 of the eyebolts that came with the jbjr the third (and longer one) i had. I used a longer one so as to separate the red and black ropes. hope this helps :) john john

CJ FOR SOME REASON THE OTHER 2 PICS I POSTED DIDNT SHOW UP, AS FAR AS EXISTING HOLES GOES, TAKE A LOOK BUT I THINK OUR MACHINES ARE PRETTY MUCH IDENTICAL,

DOGMAN AND ROMA: Your tractors look great.Wish i had the money to buy one for my 1999 AGCO918 .what about the hole in the picture that is under the hydra lever. It is lower i know but you wouldnt have to drill any holes.Please post some pictures of your Soverigns plowing snow .I want to post some pictures of my AGCO918 plowing snow but havent had my wife take any yet.All the snow melted monday when it was 55 out.We got a 1 inch the other day but not enough to plow snow. I am in ohio close to indiania border and want tp play more yet.This winter has been fun plowing snow as we havent had this much snow in a few yrs.YOU might think i am crazy for wanting snow but i am a 31 yr old kid at heart. Would like to buy a 720 with a loader some day in the future . AGCO918 CHAD E SHAFER

Hey snow crazy Chad man-take that AGCO out and charge people for plowing snow,then buy a JBjr! We just had about 4" and I told Barb I wasn't going to worry about it-then I plowed it while she was at work and told her the snowplow fairy must have done it while I was napping.Nice thing about the gradual response with the sov hydro-unlikely to give me whiplash,unlike the ingersoll which is VERY sensitive when giving it the gas.I promise to get plowing pics for you next snow-how's this for now? [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/attach/dogman/sovblade.JPG[/img]

DOGMAN:,I plow half of my front yard because i get drifting so much.You could park at least 1 semi on one side of yard and maybe one more on the other.I have a little more than half a acre of yard and love to mow and plow snow in the winter.All i need is to find a wintercab and i am set.Keep the pictures coming.I need to make some money with my agco918 but need to get my trailer finished before i can haul it.I haul it in my 3/4 chevy diesel now but need to find a tandem axle trailer cheap and then i would be in heaven.Like your intersoll alot as them are all hydralic operated by pressure arent they? There are a few of them around here.We have a company here in greenville ohio called sisco who distr.them as they distr farm equipment also. AGCO918

chad i looked into using that hole but the rope would get in the way of the shifter, and it would have put the ropes too low for my taste. Believe me the hardest thing about the jbjr was figuring out where to put these holes LOL I cant wait for the warmer weather to use the jbjr in a more freindly enviorment :) cj have you figured out where to put them yet?

DOGMAN AND ROMA: You have beautiful tractors now buy some chrome hubcaps like i have on my AGCO918 and then get a rear light.That is next on my list besides getting arm rest for the seat.AGCO918

Dogman, I don't think that the age of those two combined adds up to my "Young 'Un", currently the 3310(1971) but soon(springtime) to be the 7114(1981) unless it gets tied up in an up-power.........

chad Belive it or not my machine didnt come with a rear light:( but luckily i have a parts 3112h with all 3 lights on it. All 3 were in poor shape but i spent an hour or so fixin/repainting the best one i could find and it looks like new, and the best thing it was all free :) the dealer wanted an outrageous amount for the lights do in this case i saved like 60$. As far as the hubcaps goes iwas thinking about that but i plan to keep the wheel weights on all year probably, some sections of the yard are fairly steep and i figure the extra weight will lessen my chances of putting divets in the lawn from spinning out.

• 3 weeks later...
Hmmm...never saw any tractor, apples to apples, outwork an Ingersoll. Since you seem to think so much of that Sovereign maybe you should toss that Ingersoll my way. :o)