Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Blowin Snow!!

gjh

Well we got 9-10" of fluffy white stuff today in Northern MA; 16-18" south. I got to try my new (correct) hitch setup with the correct idlers for my Homelite that I picked up with a bunch of stuff two weeks ago. I was having major problems busting belts with the modified Simplicity setup; but I did my 400' long drive, 300' of the road & two neighbors without a broken belt, & the belt looks like it's 10 yrs old! Nice to have the right equipment.:) Now if one of you guys would buy some of the attachments I don't need from the lot I picked up my wife would love ya!

These things do a fine job with snow, don't they? We had about 8" or so in the hills west of Worcester. It was dry fluffy stuff, and the wind wasn't blowing for a change. Blowing snow was so much fun tonight that I even did the neighbors.... Getting tired of switching back and forth from blade to blower, though. I need to focus on getting the HB-216 back together again....

kent we got about the same amount here, blowing was a snap and the 18hp twin with p/s was such a pleasure to use, just aout the time i was saying to myself, boy is this great!! That darn murphy came a knockin clang bang poof, the blower stopps :(! Well i was relieved to look under the machine to see my 60$ belt in tact but that was about my only luck. As it turns out the drive chain threw a master link. Here i am its 630pm and no parts stores are open, well as it turns out i recalled that the big box store I worked at had a section with odd ball stuff and sure enough they had chain :) While it wasnt #40 (it was #420) it worked fine. Well i was up and running in a few hours but the snow will have to wait for sat am.

I just talked to Gerhard in Austria. He told me they got 25 inches of snow in 24 hours. The Yoeman worked very hard and long. He has a 46" plow and a 36" snowblower for it. Gerhard
quote:
it is not to believe a 30 years old tractor this work carries out with 8 HP

We had 8 inches or so north of Baltimore,It was blowable until the temps went up making it very wet.I did use my new/old blower anyway. I still had to switch over to the blade to clean my neighbors drive, wet snow plus a stone drive is a bad deal.I even had the skids raised about 1 inch.

I'm only a couple of miles from Kent as the crow flies a nd I'd say we got about the same 8 in. Took a couple of shots today while doing the last bit of clean-up.

Of course when you blow the snow into the wind you end up wearing it like I did.;)