Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Oh No!!! Not again?

Simplicity is a 7117 AC is a 917.The early 17 twin Kohlers had some eng. problems but the newer ones were modified and are fine. You have to see about the year of manufacture to make sure it's not an older model.Good Luck with it! dlc

I ran across a Simplicty 917 Sovern. Back of seat said Duitz Allis. 48" deck, Hydro lift, twin cyl 17 horse Koler. Started right up and seemed to mow ok. They were asking $1250.00 for it and seemed pretty firm about the price. Real clean. Got me to where I can't sleep at night but I'm not sure of the price? Any ideas or thoughts? Roy, If you read this how about posting a picture of your new tractor or at least email me one. Jim H

Jim, I'll see if I can remember to bring the digital camera home from work and take a few shot of my new tractor along with my old B-1. If I get that far sending them via e-mail will be no problem. But, be patient, I have my son's 91 Mazda B2200 engine all over the garage! Roy

Your right Dave, it was an AC and not a Simplicity. That should let you know how excited I am about getting hold of this tractor. And it's got the series 2 engine, Thanks for your reply. Looking foward to the pic's Roy -- understand about the garage thing :)