Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Rear Work Light mounts where?

thedaddycat

All right all you history buffs, trivia fans, collectors, and other tractor addicts out there........ Where was the rear work light originaly mounted on the Model 700 Simplicity???

On a metal bracket that bolts to the top right seat back bolt. See the bottom picture at this link for a B-1 picture... http://www.simpletractors.com/images/wiring/lights_b1-big10.jpg

AHA, so THAT'S the secret....... I just got some 1960 literature in that I got on e-Bay. It shows several shots of the 700, these two showing the rear light. One actually looks as though the light was added to the pic but not on the tractor. Sorry, but my camera doesn't do close up shots too well.

Here are a couple of the front pages, many of the pics are already here on the site. Also shown are the Wonderboy 575/450, Roticul tiller, W and LC walking tractors, and a host of attachments.

I do believe it should look like Steph's B-12 at your place. If you need the rear bracket I did know where there were some. rob

Stoneheartfarm
quote:
Originally posted by thedaddycat
All right all you history buffs, trivia fans, collectors, and other tractor addicts out there........ Where was the rear work light originaly mounted on the Model 700 Simplicity???
Geeze, you know how bad I wanna say "on the rear". }:)}:)

speakin about literature, does anybody have any sales brocures that may picture the late model sovereign's i am looking for one so i can put it in the binder with all the info on my new tractor. After my uncle passed away we found the origional literature/brocure that he kept from when he bought his 3112h, it was really neat to have it and i would like to do the same for the new 2k sovereign. thanks john b

ddaddycat, for those close ups try holding the camera further away and using the zoom to make your close up shot. I think you will get a much sharper picture. Dan

quote:
Originally posted by roma3112
speakin about literature, does anybody have any sales brocures that may picture the late model sovereign's i am looking for one so i can put it in the binder with all the info on my new tractor. After my uncle passed away we found the origional literature/brocure that he kept from when he bought his 3112h, it was really neat to have it and i would like to do the same for the new 2k sovereign. thanks john b
John I think 1691196 is the kit. It mounts on fender RH corner rear and I think you need to drill a hole for it.

Rob, if you can get your hands on one or two of them that would be great. Let me know how much and we'll square up next time we meet.