Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Yeoman/Snow Blower

jrichason

Hi Gents, I picked up a cute little Yeoman this morning. I'm hoping to use it to clean the snow off the driveway until I get my other machine going. Can anybody tell me how to run the belt for the snow blower? I never see them mentioned in any of the forums. Are Yeomans decent machines? Thank you, John

John manual [url]http://www.simplicitytechpubs.com/6767PRINT/PDF_files/TP_400_1361_00_AT_S.pdf[/url]

Here are a few pictures of the 25in snowstorm that Gerhard from Austria just cleaned with his 648 Yoeman with 32in blower. I think you will see that a Yoeman gan do the job.

Hi Maynard, Thank you for the information! Your knowledge of these machines and of where to find information is enough to make novices like myself green ... I mean yellow and orange with envy. Thanks again! John

John, I have a 616 Yoeman that I used to pull a sprayer, fertilizer/grass spreader, 36 inch wide aerator, and a home-made drag. I have a mower and a blade that gets steady use. They are great little machines that can do the job. Check out the cultivator forum. Hopefully I can have a free Saturday one of these weekends so I can use my Father's welder to finish mounting my cultivator to my Yoeman. Dale

Hi Dale, I hope mine works as well as yours. I need to either free up or replace the throttle cable and to figure something out for a lift rod. I think the previous owner was using a chain to hold the snow blower up. I used the parts database at Jack's Small Engine and it looks like the lift rod isn't available anymore. I think I might have an old one down in the shed. I hope it works. Take care, John

John, Try this link to make your own rod. Dutch posted it a while back. http://www.simpletractors.com/do_it/adjustable_lift_rod.htm