Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  

B-112 transmission

I have a B-112 that I am considering restoring. It is in good mechanical condition except the transmission is hard to shift from 2nd/reverse to the 1st/3rd end. It will shift from side to side, but is extremely hard to move the shifter forward. Any advice? Does it sound major or adjustments?

Al
Bob, Check the little sleeve the shift rod slides in ahead of the shift handle. I believe it mounds with one bolt and if it is turned a little off of straight it will make it difficult to shide the lever ahead and back. Also check the neutral start switch at the transmission. if it is set too close can cause same problem. Normally this is an external problem. to find out take the bole out of the shift lever rod at the transmission and see if the shift rail coming out of the trans is free. Yell if this don't help. Good luck, Al

DoubleT
Also, if it's been in the weather awhile, check where the shift shaft slides into the front of, and out the back of transmission. I had it working pretty good on my Big Ten project earlier this summer. But when I dragged it into the garage yesterday, I found it to be almost froze up tight again.