Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Broadmoor 717 or earlier grilles?

mowerman1193

Hi everyone,I just noticed something today and wondered if anyone knows anything about it. I have 2 Broadmoor 717's one the grille has like a diamond shape pattern and the other one has circular holes in it for the mesh part of it.I guess I did'nt realize there was 2 diffrent styles of grilles for these. I am wondering if one is a early version and the other a later version? Thanks for any history you might have on this

Mowerman, I have a 717 ser.# 010813 It has the round holes. Don/t know when it was made, but have never seen one with diamond shaped holes. Interesting.

Kevin, I've never seen any with the diamond pattern but I have seen quite a few with the round hole pattern. I've probably had 8 or 9 myself in the last 3 years.

Someone could have made a "Custom" grille from expanded metal sheet. If I'm not mistaken the older 700/725 tractors used that type of grille. Perhaps one of those was used to make the repair.

Kirk,I think you are right after looking it over better.It looks as though its been welded up ect.I know all the one's I have seen have had the holes in it.The one on the Johnny products page that advertizes the Johnny BucketJr. has the diamond shape one to but its made up different than the one I have.At first glance I thought they were factory that way. Thanks,