Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

AC B210 Seat Cushions

stevenj

Can anyone shed some light on the relative quality of the seat cushions offered by Mary Gearheart, Wells Implement, or Sandy Lake Implement? I'm wondering which one most closely matches the original and what would be the relative differences between the three? Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks, Steve.

I've heard people brag on thier seats from Mary. Didn't know SLI or Wells had them. Been a long time happy cust. of SLI and just recenty had the fun of dropping in on Wells Implt. Good people at both if that helps you any..I don't have any new seats to judge by.MPH

I don't have any experience with the ones sold by Wells Implement, though I used their decals, and was quite impressed. As I understand it from talking to Bill, Mary also makes the heat-pleated ones that SLI sells. [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/images/mary_seat2.jpg[/img] SLI also sells more expensive ones that have sewn pleats, and are made locally. They saw out the wooden frames and drill the mounting holes themselves and have an upholstery shop make the cushions. I have one of their sewn kits on my Big Ten, and am very pleased with it. It's heavy vinyl, with fairly deep pleats, and it bolts right on. So pleased, in fact, that I've ordered another set for my B-210/HB-216 hybrid... They are temporarily backordered while the upholstery shop is making them. Here's some pics of the seat the sewn pleated seat on my Big Ten. The pics are too big for posting here. http://www.simpletractors.com/gallery/big_ten_deluxe.htm I did have a club member at the Brooklyn show comment that the sewn seats are softer than the heat-pleated cushions that Mary makes, after he'd tried mine out. He had Mary's cushions on his.... I can't vouch for that, since I didn't try his out. In talking to Wells, I understand that their seat is not pleated at all, but is smooth, similar to those used on B-1s and 700/725s... [img]http://www.wellsimplement.com/Bseat.JPG[/img] All I know it that it's great to have choices. Before we started this, you'd have had to make them yourself or have them made locally... ;) Be aware that the B-210 used the type with the larger (taller) seat backs, and originally were heat-pleated, not sewn. Bill at SLI pointed out that the sewn seats would not be "original", but that didn't matter that much to me, since the HB-216 that I'll be putting them on certainly isn't original either...

I HAVE HAD BOTH TYPES AND RETURNED THE HARDER HEAT PLEATED SEATS FOR THE MORE COMFORTABLE SEWN SEATS. THERE IS NO CAMPARISON BETWEEN THE TWO. I DISCOVERED THAT AFTER SITTING ON KENTS B 10 AT THE BROOKLYN SHOW.YOU WILL NOT BE A HAPPY CAMPER IF YOU BUY A HEAT PLEATED SEAT

My Father and I had some seats made for our B-10s here on the Canadian side. The fellow did an excellent job and the seat is all stitched. He does work on boats most of the time. He actually re-covered the cushions in Bob Seagers boat. He is located near the Sarnia Bay accross from Port Huron Mich in Sarnia Ontario. Blue Water Padded Accents 519-344-5091 ask for Sam.