Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Moving Ice

Dutch

Wanted an excuse to try out the RH lift lever, so tried moving ice with the serrated grader blade. It didn't do too good........... Scratched but didn't "cut in". Maybe it would do better if the ground was starting to thaw. If I really want to break up ice, I use the revitalizer. [img]/club2/attach/dutch/ice2.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/dutch/ice3.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/dutch/ice4.jpg[/img]

Marty, We only get snow by the inch. If we got it by the foot, as you do, I'd probably break out the moldboard too. Besides, my mouth is watering for snow peas.

Herb, Can you adjust the angle of the blade fore and back? When we get into real frozen coal with the d10s we tip the blade back. Seems to me your blade would really dig..... Doug

The other day when I tried out Kent's blade it was just above freezing and I was able to scrape a couple of inches of the soft stuff from my walk and drive the only problem was that it was too level afterwards because it froze up tighter that a ducks #$% in water. I had to go the dpw for some sand so I could get to my garage without falling on my own @#$. LOL