Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

B207 Carb from Sears Parts Direct

powermax_paul

Last weekend I ordered a new carburetor for my B207 from Sears Parts Direct. I was surprised it came already today. A while back there was some discussion about ordering Onan parts from Sears. I got to thinking that Sears must have used hundreds of different Briggs engines. Looked up my motor on the Briggs site, found the part# and then searched for the number on the Sears site. The number came right up.

The price for the carb assembly was the exact same price listed on the Briggs site to the penny. Apparently Sears uses the list prices from Briggs. Briggs didn't list any dealers within 10 or 20 miles of me (i'm sure there are though). It was just easier to order from Sears in my Sunday morning sweats and t-shirt.

Paul, I've checked various engine parts prices from Sears (Tecumseh, Brigss, Kohler) and they are not as good (actually closer to list) as you can get from Jackssmallengines.com. Their prices are indeed in the -10 to -20% discount range. If that carb was in the $100 range, you probably could have saved some bucks via them. Tom(PK)

Dave, Yes, I did search on Onan parts a while back. Points $9.75 Condenser $5.85 Carb Repair kit $42.90 Rectifier $37.80 Regulator $51.00 Coil $59.95 Stator $158.90 Flywheel Assy. $725.50 Prices are somewhat less than I've been paying at my Case-IH dealer. Tom, thanks for the info. I'll keep that in mind.

Paul, I doubt that you would have done any better at Jackssmallengines.com on your carb. I checked out the price for a carb for my Big Ten and it was the same price at Jacks, Sears and the Briggs site. Greg

Have to admit, I didn't check Jacks. Probably should have being they are a sponsor. Because my carb body was all corroded inside, I had to decide on either a new carb body and a rebuild kit at about $75 or a new carb at $107. Guess I figured my time rebuilding the carb warranted a whole new carburetor. Fired up the woodfurnace today and installed the carb. Runs a whole lot nicer!