Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sounding General Quarters!

SmilinSam

Making ready for battle, doing launch prep on the HB-116 and 917 with cabs & Blowers. Just recieved word we will have upwards of 11 inches of snow on the ground by morning !!!:D:D:D:D:D

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dutch

• SmilinSam

• MDB

• PatRarick

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Glad someone else is getting besides New England for a change... we've just got subzero weather on top of the 2 feet plus of accumulation still left... Looks like this cold front is so strong it might keep most of the snow south of us, for a change! :D

quote:
Originally posted by BLT
I have never seen one person run two machines.
It's like driving two cars. Drive #1 about 20' past #2. Get out, go to #2 and drive about 20' past #1. Repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat.....
quote:
Originally posted by BLT
Dutch still hungry?
Nope....... Just ate a couple of BLTs.

Enjoy Enjoy Sam. Just north of you in Wisconsin we've just got a flurry. I'll be thinking of you while I'm in the house drinking a warm cup of coffee. Had my share last Tuesday with the 1/2" we were suppose to get and got 8" instead at the hotel. The hired out snow plow company decided not to show up till 5 hours later so I had to hand shovel all the walks.}:)B) Wednesday I went out and bought a $600 Honda snowblower on the hotels money :D

quote:
Originally posted by Kent
Glad someone else is getting besides New England for a change... we've just got subzero weather on top of the 2 feet plus of accumulation still left... Looks like this cold front is so strong it might keep most of the snow south of us, for a change! :D
South Jersey is supposed to get hit too this time. What's with you? Misery loves company?

quote:
Originally posted by BLT
Send pictures. I have never seen one person run two machines. Could keep the coffee house going for weeks. Dutch still hungry?
Dutch what i meant was two simuitaneously and only two BLT's. You're loosing your touch:D

Sure would like to see something here. Still only have about 2" of snow on the level. Had a blizzard warning last Monday, but still didn't get any snow. Blew like hell and the snow we do have is now black with drift dirt. Can't touch a thing outside without looking like you've been plowing a field all day. Pat

Kevin, I'm ashamed of you. You had the perfect opportunity to make your hotel "new members" by letting them buy two or three Simplicity or Allis tractors and blowers. Plus, you could store them at your house and pull maintenance.

I was going to offer to take my tractor to work but why beat up my tractors at work and get nothing for it but gas. And Dennis I don't think I could talk them into any more money. $1000 was my limit and it had to have a wauranty. The Honda had a full 5 year and 2 year 2 pull start wauranty. But I also opted for the electric start :D

Sam, All equipment is fueled. Oil & tires checked. Backed into garage. Generator is working. 40 extra gallons of gas & diesel. Shovels & brooms under overhang. Areas to be cleared have been patrolled for newspapers, toys, hoses, branches. 100 lbs Halite. Just came from store. 2 gallons milk, 2 loaves bread, 5 lbs sugar, 2 lbs coffee, 50 lbs pet food, 20 lbs bird seed, 1 bottle VO. What did I forget?

Herb, You forgot the shirt the guy was wearing at the quick-stop. I knew you werent the self proclaimed "mean guy", you bought bird seed. Hey can you storm victims post some pics, howlandan and I have forgoten what snow looks like. Doug

quote:
Originally posted by dutch
Sam, All equipment is fueled. Oil & tires checked. Backed into garage. Generator is working. 40 extra gallons of gas & diesel. Shovels & brooms under overhang. Areas to be cleared have been patrolled for newspapers, toys, hoses, branches. 100 lbs Halite. Just came from store. 2 gallons milk, 2 loaves bread, 5 lbs sugar, 2 lbs coffee, 50 lbs pet food, 20 lbs bird seed, 1 bottle VO. What did I forget?
Well if you really work hard tonight, you can dig out a bomb shelter to protect the 'VO'

quote:
Originally posted by DougM
I knew you werent the self proclaimed "mean guy", you bought bird seed.
The birds give me enjoyment and don't bother me.

quote:
Originally posted by BLT
Well if you really work hard tonight, you can dig out a bomb shelter to protect the 'VO'
I don't expect it to be exposed long enough to be in any danger.

quote:
Originally posted by Kent
Plastic sheeting and duct tape, maybe? ;)
It's all sold out at the local HD & Lowes. I'll pass on that insanity.

[img]http://a3.cpimg.com/image/EF/83/16582383-b4ef-028001E0-.jpg[/img] No drill. High wind & heavy snow right now. I already see 2' drifts out in the drive. We are getting up to 11" , the guys out towards central Iowa are supposed to get up to 13".

quote:
What did I forget?
Dutch, I got all my stuff checked off too, but did you remember to put the tall reflectors out around all the obstacles that get buried in drifts? Things like short retaining walls next to the drive, small bushes, lawn edging, and other things that are fixed to the ground but stick up enough to tear the guts out of a snowblower....