Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Netscape

Kent, I don't know what you did but the last two nights I have been able to login using Netscape. It's a pleasant change. I don't have to fool with MS IE just to visit the club. Whatever changed; leave it alone! Thanks very much, Roy P.S. The problem must be operator error somehow. I tried to login a little later and Netscape would not work. Do you have any idea what I'm doing wrong??

Hi Roy, what version of netscape are you useing?? I have used 4.5-4.51-and now 4.7 and have not had any problems what's so ever. Well I did lose my address book after I down loaded 4.7 but that seems to be all. Let us know what version you are useing if you don't mind and maybe you might need an upgrade but I am not an expert at all-just a thought. Best to you >>->happyjack<-<<

Roy, I use netscape 4.5 and have no problem logging in or using the clubs features. Perhaps your using an older version? Other than that, I can't think of anything that might prevent you from logging in.

I'm running Netscape 4.61.0.3. Had the same problem with an earlier version (4.5). I never have a problem logging in with MS IE but I don't like to use MS IE. Roy

I have Netscape 4.61 and all works fine except the member lookups. On the query by State/Local I get 404; on ghe member query for date registered it also gives me a 404 error. if I use IE (uck) it works but I have to endure the performance delays of IE. Tuffy

To get around the 404 error on the state,city page in netscape do the following: click on the link and when the 404 error shows up, click in the location section of netscape and remove (delete) ", city" (comma space city) from the end of the url. Do the same for the date joined link only delete the " desc" (space desc)from the end. After deleting the appropriate stuff hit return on the keyboard. This will bring up the the pages that were 404 on you. You can save the corrected version for netscape as a link but you have to be logged in to access the pages. Phil

Kent, can you change the reference in the listing to be "city state" or "CityState" to bypass the Netscape deficiency? Tuffy