Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

I just tripled my A/C collection

alanscott

I picked up a B-12, B-112, a snow thrower, front blade, dump cart, a set of tire chains and 3 decks, this pretty well used up all the space on my 16' flatbed :) The B-12 has a welded frame in the same area as my B-10, this must be a common problem with them. The BGB has slung oil all over the underside of the seat and transmission. This one has the front pulley for the snow thrower. Over all, it's in pretty sad shape, but it still has the front hub caps. The B-112 looks to be in much better condition but the 7 speed lever is disconnected and I am not sure if anything is missing yet. It also has a 16HP Briggs, the 12 must have gone belly up. The blade looks to be hardly used and I think it mounted on the 112. The snow thrower looks like it has seen some heavy use, the skid plate on the bottom is wore through in a few places but the auger turns free. The cart only has some scratches and surface rust, a fresh coat of paint and it could almost pass for new. One of the decks is a mystery to me, it's a right side discharge, three blade, shaft drive painted in what looks like Simplicity red. Instead of the pointed front of the A/C's, this one is more rounded and has a completely different mounting system. I'll try to get a pic on Sunday, maybe one of you could ID it for me. Overall, the wife was a bit cranky about me acquiring them, yet she helped load them in ankle deep mud, so there is still hope for me. Thanks Maynard! these are the ones you spotted.

ALAN Where on the frame is it welded? i vaguely rember reading on here that some of these machines had a comon problem where they somtimes cracked over time in a sertain area. I am sure i read it here, one of the other guys probably rembers the exact scenario. Good luck with them all, i hope the price was right :)

Here is a look [img]http://home.attbi.com/~alan_scott/b112/DSC00001.JPG[/img] [img]http://home.attbi.com/~alan_scott/b112/DSC00002.JPG[/img] Maynard, yes.

Looks like a good haul Alan. Yellow is a very good color.:D:D I also have a Allis Chalmers B-12 with hydraulic lift. Karl :D:) [img]http://www.simplicityva.com/tvgtp.gif[/img]