Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

CONDITION RED

roma3112

GUYS Maybee i have had my head in the sand or have just come to distrust weathermen, BUT just turned on the news before work and it seems like there is indeed a blizzard hitting the east coast. Snow accumulations in metro boston stand now at an estimated 10 -18 inches. [:0] Looks like the equipment will get a workout this week. But on a serious note, we should all take it easy i also heard that many heart related deaths have been associated with this storm already, take it easy the snow will be there another day, and besides why waste all the fun for one day :D take care all i am off to the salt mine john

Sure looks like your gonna get whacked. Looks like we are gonna have a skater here in upper Minnesota 35 degrees today, no significant snow in the forecast......Have fun easterners Dougm

No fun here. I store my tractor outside under a tarp. I can't even SEE IT! Looks like I have to use the "manuel" machine For this one.

quote:
Originally posted by roma3112
Maybee i have had my head in the sand or have just come to distrust weathermen, BUT just turned on the news before work and it seems like there is indeed a blizzard hitting the east coast.
I was just thinking the same thing. It's to the point that it's like the "Boy who cried wolf."
quote:
Originally posted by roma3112
But on a serious note, we should all take it easy i also heard that many heart related deaths have been associated with this storm already
Good advice......... I worry about my wife. Bought her a brand new shovel for Valentine's Day. At least some of the snow will be melted when she comes home from vacation.

Dutch, I saw where Egg Harbor got 24" on the Weather Channel. What did you end up using, since your Kubota blower is out of commission. That's too much for either a blade or your Sweepster -- unless you used your Payloader....

I just came in from the "first pass" -- close to 8" and the heaviest snowfall is just now getting here. Already drifting, and the winds haven't picked up like they're supposed to later. I'll probably do one more pass before bed, and deal with the rest tomorrow....

just got home to a mess of about 6-8 i am going to give it one pass after the plow gets here and go pick up the fiance at work dont think her little honda is going to fair well getting through this stuff.:(!

Let it snow.......we've got about a foot and a half, and it just keeps coming! Had to bring out the big guns to move the monsterous piles! Running out of room to put the white stuff. Have to say it sure is fun for the wife and myself playing around with a few from "The Simplicity Fleet". Probably will make another pass tonight and of course, another in the am. Keep warm and have fun!!!!!! John & Kary-Ann [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/attach/johnsup/IM000118.JPG[/img]

quote:
Originally posted by Kent
Dutch, I saw where Egg Harbor got 24" on the Weather Channel. What did you end up using, since your Kubota blower is out of commission. That's too much for either a blade or your Sweepster --
Kent........ This keeps me fit.:D [img]/club2/attach/dutch/shovel.jpg[/img]

Did my first pass What a blast!!2110 wide open 1st gear,show plume 20 -30 ft with wind no problems what so ever!! Could stay out side all night wore my insulated jumpsuit a hoodie and my ski googles (no cab:() can't hardly see where I've already been 3 hours ago, can't see the twolane across the lake,daughter spending the night at relatives,just hope the second run is this smooth.....hope everyone else can dig out.:D:D:D

quote:
Originally posted by ReedS
Did my first pass What a blast!!.......
Ugh, Ugh, Ugh, Ugh, Ugh, Ugh, Ugh, Ugh, ............ Let us know if it ever stops being "fun".

Dutch its stopped being fun here :( think i would much rather mow grass :D! new tractor or not if i had to screw a windsheild to my hood i would almost think about doin it right about now. 1 more face full of snow and i think i would need to invent some new cuss-words because i ran out of them all in the last hour or two [:0] BOY DO I NEED A SNOW CAB

Herb, Thats quite a chunk you hoisted above the shovel handle. The coal yard needs shovelers like you. You could have at least got Judy a pink shovel. Doug

quote:
Originally posted by DougM
You could have at least got Judy a pink shovel.
I'm going to paint it pink before she gets home from vacation tomorrow.
quote:
Originally posted by DougM
Thats quite a chunk you hoisted above the shovel handle. The coal yard needs shovelers like you.
I can't take credit for that. I paid my 86 year old widow neighbor $10. She needs the money for her heart medication, and I wanted to do a good deed.

Maynard, I am goinhg to try another one.....This is my wife "having fun"! Good Luck guys!!!!! [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/attach/johnsup/IM000116.JPG[/img]

All Heart. [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/attach/dougm/shovel%202.JPG[/img] Times must be tough even for the dogs in the hood [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/attach/dougm/yellow%20snow.JPG[/img]

Doug, I am using a hp 320--- 2.1 mp that I got for Christmas. Thanks, just trying to understand how to put my pictures on the site...Very easy to send via email with. John