Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Help with 7119 kohler kt19

nahrwoldt

Hey guys and gals, I went out to my 7119 yesterday to hookup the snowblower and found the muffler leaking gas. I immeditaly drained the engine of the oil and gas mix. I then drained the gas tank. I think the gas sifened through the fuel pump or carburator into the engine. I am really new to tractor engine problems, but have the books and tools to give it a good go. I have some questions: 1. Any ideas why the gas sifened into the engine? 2. How bad is the engine to fix?(I have new fuel pump, good used carburator and KT19 gasket rebuild kit. 3. Any permanent damage to the engine? This happened just in time for the big snow here in Rutland, MA Thanks for any help, Tim

Could be the fuel pump is leaking directly into the crankcase. Install the new pump and keep an eye on the oil. If the engine wasn't run with the diluted oil, no harm should have been done.

If you didn't run engine no damage done. A couple oil close oil changes will get out rest of gas. If fuel supply is above carb, install a inline fuel shut off. Opposed twins and single cylinder horizontal piston engines always have problems with above the carb fuel supply at one time or another. Not being that familiar with Kohler, I would take a stab that fuel pump malfuntioned to some degree. I would think that when you get engine running after oil change you can get your blowing done and then drain gas afterwards until you get at least shutoff.

quote:
Originally posted by dutch
Could be the fuel pump is leaking directly into the crankcase. Install the new pump and keep an eye on the oil. If the engine wasn't run with the diluted oil, no harm should have been done.
Whoops forgot about that. You can bypass fuel pump if you have gravity feed. But still drain gas tank after blowing.