Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

"News flash"How many years were Homelite tractor's

richp

I didn't realize that the Homelite tractor's were made for about 8 years. Also not only were they made by Simplicity but from what I was told they were also made by AC. Would you beleive that while AC was making its400 series tractor's down south at their Lexington plant that they were also making the same tractor for Homelite on the same assembly line. Other then the color there was no major difference. If my source is accurate which I beleive it to be then it would be the only other tractor that AC made for someone else on its own assembly line. If I can find anymore information about this topic I will let you know and I will try to confirm this even more if possible. Please leave room for error on the source that told me this and any corrections will gladly be accepted by anyone. Thanks to all->happyjack<-

If available from your source, perhaps you can get the Homlite model #s. Hmm... SimpleHomlitrACtors? Nah! If it has a ring to it at all, the ring is out of tune ;o) But one could add Homlite #s to their parts tractor searches.

Friend recently aquired old unidentifiable tractor,had been painted(brush) several times and no logos/numbers were available,but from styling etc,was 50s-60s vintage. Has since found numbers on tractor/engine and tetatively id'd it as a 1952! Homelite.I knew they were around in the late 60s but not that early..Any info on units this old appreciated...Thanx